Home

OK, I have a situation ...

This is a discussion on OK, I have a situation ... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2010, 12:48 AM   #1
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
OK, I have a situation ...

Recently I bought a PS3 Slim (250gb) and decided to move my football gaming over to that system from the 360.

So, I traded in all my football games that I had for the 360 and wound up with enough store credit to get either NCAA or Madden 11. I'm not sure which game I'm getting yet. But, that's not really the point.

(OK get to the point then)

The other day, my wife comes home from work and says she has a surprise for me. Well, it wasn't my first choice, but hey, I'll take a gift when I can, ya know? She hands me a bag and inside is the Collector's Edition set of Madden 09 and Head Coach 09. I was excited b/c I love HC 09.

But, I really don't recall a ton of fond memories with Madden 09. I played it for a few months but wound up going with the PS2 version.

Now, I don't want to hurt my wife's feelings and trade this game in. So, my question is, anyone have any tips to help make Madden 09 playable? Use MySkill or tweak the Human sliders (I know there are no CPU sliders)? I figure I have several months to play this game, so may as well try and enjoy it.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 01:06 AM   #2
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: OK, I have a situation ...

Buy Madden 10 and get rid of the case, just keep it in the Madden 09 one. When playing the game, she won't be able to tell the difference.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:11 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

ya that's genius, then again if she bought 09 with 10 still being there she might not know the difference
Old 06-01-2010, 02:11 AM   #4
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
Buy Madden 10 and get rid of the case, just keep it in the Madden 09 one. When playing the game, she won't be able to tell the difference.
This is downright brilliant. Except that you might as well wait for Madden 11 instead of buying 10. And Madden 09 is a complete and utter piece of nuclear waste. Don't even waste your time.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 06-01-2010, 02:39 AM   #5
Rookie

fahrenheit's Arena

OVR: 7

You should just force yourself to play M09 until you get M11, that way you will appreciate M11 that much more when you get it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 05:30 AM   #6
Banned

N@X_WiZaRD's Arena

OVR: 3

Tell your wife she's a cheapass and that you want a divorce immediately. Madden 09 is only like $10 new. I can't imagine the Collector's Edition being much higher. JK lol

But yea, Madden 09 is essentially Madden 10 without Pro-Tak and minor presentation upgrades. It's not really that different. I would just play franchise and really restrict your self. For example, limit your trades and contracts (i.e. don't give everyone an 8 year deal). Also, select "Ask Madden" for every play and force yourself to play with what you get.

It'll eventually get boring because Madden still lacks dynamic storylines to keep you interested, but it will be enough to play 1-2 seasons until you can get NCAA 11 (which at least has the ESPN magazine).
Old 06-01-2010, 08:50 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
wow, that's exactly what I was going to write

hahahaha

nice

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 06-01-2010, 09:08 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 29

Dude... Just do this...

"I really love the fact that you got me the collectors edition of Madden and Head Coach 09. Head Coach 09 was one of my favorite games, but I was really wanting to get one of the new games this year after trading in my old ones."

BE HONEST!!!!

What a concept.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »