Home

Will GameFlow still be a feature in 3-4 years?

This is a discussion on Will GameFlow still be a feature in 3-4 years? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2010, 12:24 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Will GameFlow still be a feature in 3-4 years?

If you think about it, several features of the madden franchise are washed away as time goes on such as mini-camp drills, create-a-situation mode, vision cone, virtual arena (off by default), weapons, and lead blocking. Do you think GameFlow will still be with us later in the cycle?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 12:28 PM   #2
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Will GameFlow still be a feature in 3-4 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsoxguy12
If you think about it, several features of the madden franchise are washed away as time goes on such as mini-camp drills, create-a-situation mode, vision cone, virtual arena (off by default), weapons, and lead blocking. Do you think GameFlow will still be with us later in the cycle?
Based on the track record of previous additions to the Madden franchise, I would say no, and no one will care... it might be advertised as Madden Light then... the game you've gotten every year for the last 7 years with half the gimmicks.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:32 PM   #3
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Depends on how it goes over but I'd lean towards yes because EA sees it as a way to simplify the game and bring in casual gamers to expand their base.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:26 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 16

IMO it shouldn't even be a feature.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:31 PM   #5
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

The reason they have it is for online. It will help stop cheesers and being able to go online and play a game for 30mins instead of 60 means a lot. I am an offline gamer but I like the option of it. Will probably be a year or 2 before they get it good enough for me. Sounds a little shallow right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 01:53 PM   #6
Pro

ThaShark28_316's Arena

OVR: 10

They shouldn't have named it.

Just say "all-new game planning puts you in the shoes of an nfl coach", that way the people with nothing to add in threads like these cant say "OMG Gimmick!!!!".

It's a good feature and I can't wait to the day when they make it to something like the real nfl.
Horns FBall
Horns BBall
Stars
Old 06-01-2010, 02:11 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 22

If human civilization is still around, then maybe. But I don't see it. 2012 is fastly approaching.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:24 PM   #8
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Im very optimistic about trying out Gameplan/Gameflow but not to sure about it being around in the future.This feature was mainly added for online games but does nothing much to actually address the core problems of online ranked play.

It will make games faster which is cool if you get caught up with someone you dont want to play.However,it does nothing to add to the replay value of online ranked games.If I play an online ranked game against someone that throws screen passes all game,Gameplan/Gameflow gets me out of that game faster.It does not address the problem of that person running the same type pass repeatedly or help my defense stop it.So I am more likely to not play online ranked games after that experience.

My point is,I think the devs expect to see an increase in online games played because of Gameplan/Gameflow.If the numbers dont increase like they think,they might deem this feature a failure and remove it.Even though the real problem will continue to be the lack of attention and fixes to some basic NFL football aspects online.

Gameplan/Gameflow seems like a great idea but it doesnt stand a lasting chance if Madden devs dont stop just looking at online stats and actually get online to play some ranked games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »