Home

Deep Ball Awareness

This is a discussion on Deep Ball Awareness within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2010, 10:40 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
Deep Ball Awareness

The defensive backs, safeties in particular are not very smart when it comes to down and distance. I've had several instances where I've had the Colts in 3rd and 17 or had the the DB's playing deep coverage and gotten beat over the top. It seems when the cpu wants to make a comeback quick, your DB's go stupid. When a team is in hurry up or comeback mode why is Revis running up and whiffing on a swat? When the full game drops, maybe they'll address this.

If your cpu controlled teammates are gonna get dumb in obvious situations, I'd like a normal, aggressive, conservative, call like NCAA.

BTW is pass commit/run commit still in the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2010, 02:44 PM   #2
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60
Re: Deep Ball Awareness

i had a play where santonio beat his man by a good deal and was wide open down the right side and i lobbed it to him (about 50 yards or so) and bob sanders came from about the center of the field all the way to the sideline where i threw it and knocked it away. it actually looked real it was awesome

Old 08-05-2010, 06:28 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

Sounds as if this is an issue at least for Abner. Too many deep passes where the safeties have zero awareness. Especially when you have to go deep.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:25 PM   #4
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Yea this has been a problem in madden for years now. It seems if the goes into a no huddle. 70% your CB all of a sudden keeps getting burned down field or in the middle of the field by the AI. The problem I have beef with right now is that EA has not even messed with D for many years. The focus for the past 4-5 years on the next Gen Madden has been Offense some how are another. They have not done really nothing to make the D better for years. That's really is one of my main wishes on my Wishlist aside from them making a Offline Franchise mmode better. Is to work on D and make it much better then it is right now.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:29 PM   #5
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
The defensive backs, safeties in particular are not very smart when it comes to down and distance. I've had several instances where I've had the Colts in 3rd and 17 or had the the DB's playing deep coverage and gotten beat over the top. It seems when the cpu wants to make a comeback quick, your DB's go stupid. When a team is in hurry up or comeback mode why is Revis running up and whiffing on a swat? When the full game drops, maybe they'll address this.

If your cpu controlled teammates are gonna get dumb in obvious situations, I'd like a normal, aggressive, conservative, call like NCAA.

BTW is pass commit/run commit still in the game?

Awareness isn't the problem...this happens b/c the DB's and FS/SS stay in their backpedal too long hince the saying...if i get even i'm leaving
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 07:34 PM   #6
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
Awareness isn't the problem...this happens b/c the DB's and FS/SS stay in their backpedal too long hince the saying...if i get even i'm leaving
Haha this is nitpicking, but it's not if I get even I'm leavin...that doesn't make sense. It's "if they're even it's leavin"
Old 08-06-2010, 09:22 AM   #7
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I'm getting told that by turning off auto sprint and auto strafe is supposed to help. I have been playing with auto strafe off for a few games, but I am still seeing animations that give the receiver an advantage. Namely, DBs appear to stay in their back peddle a little too long and the animation that turns them around nearly brings them to a halt. At this point the WR is leaving him behind.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:30 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I'm getting told that by turning off auto sprint and auto strafe is supposed to help. I have been playing with auto strafe off for a few games, but I am still seeing animations that give the receiver an advantage. Namely, DBs appear to stay in their back peddle a little too long and the animation that turns them around nearly brings them to a halt. At this point the WR is leaving him behind.
I don't see how turning off auto sprtin and auto strafe off would fix it, since it seems to be the computer players not reacting correctly.

I've seen the deep ball issue come up multiple times in the last few days. not good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »