Home

Do o-line ratings matter this year???

This is a discussion on Do o-line ratings matter this year??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2010, 01:28 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Do o-line ratings matter this year???

Ive did my best to hold out because i jus dont feel madden made a good enough improvement to franchise(if any). But being that this is the only nfl game we are gettin, what am i to do. EA has me where they want me.

So i ask of you, before i get my $63.50 roster updateplease tell me

1)o-line ratings matter this year. Last year i wasted so much time goin after top FA's and draft picks to have a good oline only to find that it didnt matter because the cpu will do what it pleases against my line

2)do we get legit askin prices for free agents and picks??? The cpu always seemed to sign guys for a fraction of the price.
Iremember therewas a CB that always would ask for qb money and was basically unsignable but he would sign with a cpu team for way less

3)are teams playing like themselves? Last year every team had the sameplaycalling strategy unless u controlled all teams and set the coaching sliders. Thats not bad but i shouldnt have to program the game and sit thru the draft simming all picks

Please my maddenite brethren, address these concerns. I really dont wanna make a regretful purchase.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 05:51 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Do o-line ratings matter this year???

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaW97
2)do we get legit askin prices for free agents and picks??? The cpu always seemed to sign guys for a fraction of the price.
Iremember therewas a CB that always would ask for qb money and was basically unsignable but he would sign with a cpu team for way less.
Like that can't happen IRL...*cough*Revis*cough*
Old 08-16-2010, 05:54 AM   #3
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

I believe for running yes passing no.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:09 AM   #4
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

The short answer is yes.

these were very important areas of the game for me moving forward from Madden 10. they are not perfect, but they are WORLDS better.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:05 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm curious on this one too. The only way to know for sure is when someone does a real study(not just impressions) Last year someone edited their offensive linemen ratings to pure garbage and then played several games. The results were not significantly lower for running or passing stats or performance. This is one of my biggest gripes with Madden. The ratings really don't have all that much impact.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 09:41 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vero Viper
I'm curious on this one too. The only way to know for sure is when someone does a real study(not just impressions) Last year someone edited their offensive linemen ratings to pure garbage and then played several games. The results were not significantly lower for running or passing stats or performance. This is one of my biggest gripes with Madden. The ratings really don't have all that much impact.

I dont thinking editing ratings is the best way to go, what you should do is take any team and and edit the rosters putting the worst O-linemen in and go to practice/play now and run/pass then go back and edit the team to the highest rated O-Linemen and run the same excat plays number of plays and of course the eye ball test will tell in the end, and of course play against the same Defense/Team

Last edited by G-Men_in_Mass; 08-16-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:48 AM   #7
Rookie

MCNABB51BOI's Arena

OVR: 5

all feel the same to me so i would say no. olines are kinda over powered this year .
Old 08-16-2010, 10:28 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

From what I have seen, in game they matter and through simulated games they mean diddly squat. Joe Thomas always seems to have 4 pancakes and 12 sacks or so allowed every year I sim. I actually played a franchise where my worst starting lineman was Eric Steinbach(88 overall) and my Runningback was a rookie who turned out to be a 95 and for some reason he would always average about 3.4 yards per carry on the season. An elite running back coupled with the greatest OLINE of all time should have much better stats IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »