Home

The Super 11 Project

This is a discussion on The Super 11 Project within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2010, 10:12 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
The Super 11 Project

The whole point of this project is to create the most dominating defense of all time in Madden, and hopefully, since I have to gut my offense, my defense will be so good that it can win games by itself (pick 6's, etc.). On most of my franchises, I usually go for a powerful, balanced offense, but I want to try and go the defensive route this time.

First off, let me point out, my only two offensive starters remaining are Sanchez (because the cap penalty would be too big), Woody (same reason), and Keller (same reason), as well as the backup LT. On the defensive side, here's some of my players (I have a lot of depth, so I can't even remember them all). Also, I like to build through youth, so all these guys don't have the highest ratings, but 2-3 years down the line they'll all dominate (and hopefully I can re-sign them all before then);

Shaun Ellis, Kris Jenkins, Rey Maualuga, Bart Scott, Larry English, Jim Leonhard, Malcolm Jenkins, Darrelle Revis, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Antonio Cromartie, Vontae Davis, Kyle Wilson, Aquib Talib, and Shawn Springs

When Shawn Springs is rated an 80 and is your #7 CB, you know you have depth. Got other great players as well that I won't mention. But I made a crapload of trades (my offense is gutted, especially on the OL), and I'm JUST under the cap after all the penalties I will incur next season ($35M!).

Overall, I haven't tested this defense yet, but through a season's progression, both my starting CBs will have 99 man coverage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 10:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: The Super 11 Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhs63
The whole point of this project is to create the most dominating defense of all time in Madden, and hopefully, since I have to gut my offense, my defense will be so good that it can win games by itself (pick 6's, etc.). On most of my franchises, I usually go for a powerful, balanced offense, but I want to try and go the defensive route this time.

First off, let me point out, my only two offensive starters remaining are Sanchez (because the cap penalty would be too big), Woody (same reason), and Keller (same reason), as well as the backup LT. On the defensive side, here's some of my players (I have a lot of depth, so I can't even remember them all). Also, I like to build through youth, so all these guys don't have the highest ratings, but 2-3 years down the line they'll all dominate (and hopefully I can re-sign them all before then);

Shaun Ellis, Kris Jenkins, Rey Maualuga, Bart Scott, Larry English, Jim Leonhard, Malcolm Jenkins, Darrelle Revis, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Antonio Cromartie, Vontae Davis, Kyle Wilson, Aquib Talib, and Shawn Springs

When Shawn Springs is rated an 80 and is your #7 CB, you know you have depth. Got other great players as well that I won't mention. But I made a crapload of trades (my offense is gutted, especially on the OL), and I'm JUST under the cap after all the penalties I will incur next season ($35M!).

Overall, I haven't tested this defense yet, but through a season's progression, both my starting CBs will have 99 man coverage.
Why do you need 7 CB's rated at least 80? Most NFL teams don't even carry 6. I think 5 max is most common for the a.i. in madden to have
Old 08-31-2010, 10:22 PM   #3
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogeyman12
Why do you need 7 CB's rated at least 80? Most NFL teams don't even carry 6. I think 5 max is most common for the a.i. in madden to have
How else are you gonna run a 1-1-9 defense?
Old 08-31-2010, 10:23 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
How else are you gonna run a 1-1-9 defense?
Never thought of that.

Besides the fact CB's are really expensive in this game
Old 08-31-2010, 10:25 PM   #5
Banned

Because CBs can play CB, FS, SS, and sometimes even OLB with the bigger ones. Plus, when one of my guys gets hurt or fatigued (like when Brady runs 5-wide all day), I can have a fresh "starter" in at all times and not have to worry about a single pass being completed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2010, 07:20 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

If you want youth try and grab Rolando McClain. He's a 92 overall in my franchise. Tyvon Branch and Taylor Mays also turn into studs...

I'm kind of trying to do the same thing you are in my Raiders franchise. Only difference is I'm building through the draft, occasionally free agency, and some minimal trades.

...six of my defensive starters are 90 and above the rest are all in the 80s. Building sick defenses is a lot of fun but I don't know if I could make all the trades you have and not feel guilty.

NHL: Blackhawks
MLB: White Sox
NFL: Bears
NCAAFB: Notre Dame & Colorado
Old 09-01-2010, 08:02 AM   #7
Banned

I just traded every single one of my offensive starters. A quick question: if I re-sign someone (say Mark Sanchez), to a 1-year deal, and then trade him, since he's on a 1-year deal I won't get any penalties, right?

If so, then I have to scrap my second project (I tried to expand the first by trading ALL my starters, but I made it a different save in case the above is true).
Old 09-01-2010, 01:33 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

You can sign players to 1 yr deal with no bonus then u get no penalties, but u gotta really load up on contract money to do it, like sometimes 10 - 16 mil. Also when you trade if you go thru trade bloack, it seems as if you don't get as many cap penalties.

Also a hint, maybe known or not, you can trade ur 1st rnd pick for the worst team in the league first and 2nd rd pick, and trade ur 2 and 3 for another really bad 1, helps if you wanna build thru the draft or trades as picks have no penalties.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »