Home

Things I Hope Patch 3 Addresses

This is a discussion on Things I Hope Patch 3 Addresses within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 05:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Things I Hope Patch 3 Addresses

1)Tuning man coverage similarly to what NCAA did so the defenders do not jump and perfectly cover routes an unrealistic % of the time. Right now an in route is almost useless in Madden. Same for most double move routes in the game.

2)Right now if a user on D hotroutes the defender he's controlling to a blitz assignment and fake blitzes(even as far off the LOS as 10 yards) it can totally screw up the o-line's blocking and allow A and B gap pressure with only 4-5 guys rushing. But if you fake blitz without your guy in a blitz assignment this doesn't happen. Obvious backfire of making the o-line A.i. make their reads based off knowing who is in a blitz assignment pre-snap.

3)In some defensive plays where a WR is double teamed(ex. Double Outside in Nickel 3-3-5) when you show blitz one of the defenders in the man double coverage loses his assignment and has no assignment on the screen. When this "no assignment" defender is placed in blitzing gaps the defense will ignore him similarly to how they did with the QB spy, letting him come through untouched with only 3-4 guys rushing.

4)Get the sideline catches up to par with NCAA....they are the best they've ever been in Madden but not nearly as good or consistent as NCAA.

5)Doubt this is possible but could we get the playbooks back up to the number of plays in NCAA 11/Madden 10? Don't like the stripped down playbooks in Madden 11 at all.

6)Getting rid of the turbo blitz(finally)-Turbo blitzing is basically holding down+sprint before the snap to negate the game's accelaration physics...often allowing a fast defender to blow past 2 blockers when the ball is snapped. People are able to hold down+sprint without going offsides usually by opening pre-snap menus that don't let you move a player when they're open.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »