Home

RUN BLOCK STRENGTH AND RUN BLOCK FOOTWORK

This is a discussion on RUN BLOCK STRENGTH AND RUN BLOCK FOOTWORK within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2010, 01:32 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
RUN BLOCK STRENGTH AND RUN BLOCK FOOTWORK

What is the difference between both?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 02:37 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: RUN BLOCK STRENGTH AND RUN BLOCK FOOTWORK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzdwfy
What is the difference between both?
my interpretation is that RBS is the counter to the defender's block shed rating and also helps with pancakes. RBF determines the blocker's ability to get himself into position to make the block (how well he can suck the defender into the block animation). i may be waaaay off though.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:44 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

I think that RBStrength is how effective the lineman is against a straight bullrush, and RBFootwork is how effective the lineman is against spins and swim moves.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:58 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

i think RBS determines how long they will hold the block RBF determines how well they get into position for the block Impact block is how easily they will get pancake blocks
Old 02-24-2010, 05:40 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
I think that RBStrength is how effective the lineman is against a straight bullrush, and RBFootwork is how effective the lineman is against spins and swim moves.
That's what I thought too. Would explain why Max Starks has a high strength for passing and running but low foot work; he gets destroyed by speed rushers/spins.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 06:51 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 6

I really wish EA would just straight come out with a comprehensive guide to the game. What each rating means to each position being one of the most important, so we wouldn't be guessing at what run block strength and footwork actually do. Also things like how much cap penalty you get when trading players, even the real basic things of football not everyone would know like how many challenges you get etc. So instead of everyone having to come to forums for guess work we'd know!

I guess with Ian having taken over a bug riddled game its kinda hard to say definitively what everything does because often the game doesn't work like it should... Just like when they discovered the 'weapons rating jump', when a player got a weapon like speed it made the step from (I'm guessing at numbers here) 94 speed to 95 speed more like going from 90 to 96 so it made a major drop off for players that where supposed to be good but didn't have the weapon, making anyone with out the weapon pretty similar to play with!
Old 02-25-2010, 10:32 AM   #7
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

I agree, why EA keeps the rating attributes a secret I have no idea. Please create a guide these attributes.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:46 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 20

The worst part is most people at EA don't even seem to know for sure what all these ratings do. I think it was donny last year when we were discussing ratings on here and why there is still a run block and pass block rating even though there are also these new ratings. He, the guy in charge of rating players and therefore someone who should know exactly what the ratings mean, said he was unsure exactly where they came into play but he thought they still had some impact on simmed games but didn't think there was any impact in played games.

If the "ratings czar" at EA doesn't know what all these ratings do and where they all play in it is probably time for atleast somewhat of an overhaul of the system and a true re-evaluation of what current ratings are needed, what can be taken away, what needs to be added, and what exactly the formulas for success/failure of each interaction including what ratings play what part.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »