Home

Madden clinging onto it's title?

This is a discussion on Madden clinging onto it's title? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2003, 10:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Madden clinging onto it\'s title?

The last couple of years Madden has been the same game with usually 1 or 2 little things added to keep the oridinary madden fan happy. I think Madden is going to keep making the same game over and over again because they have the Fans that like the game because of the title. If you werent a sports gaming fan, You would see Madden in the store and pick it up, not NFL 2K or Fever. It all comes down to the popularity and marketing and Madden is the best at that. NFL is probally a better game this year but it probally wont take the crown in the revenue department. Madden is living off it's title and will continue to do that. Just giving my two cents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2003, 10:35 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: Madden clinging onto it\'s title?

How did you get your hands on full versions of ESPN NFL Football and Fever 2004?

I assume you have since you've already come to conclusions about this year's crop of football games. If you haven't, then your post is about as useful as a condom in a pin factory.

Out,
PK
Old 08-12-2003, 10:51 AM   #3
Cr*m*n*lly *nd*rr*t*d

LetsGoPitt's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

If you haven't, then your post is about as useful as a condom in a pin factory.

Old 08-12-2003, 10:52 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

wow these madden ***** put down topics just keep getting more and more creative
Old 08-12-2003, 10:56 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

pk500 said:
How did you get your hands on full versions of ESPN NFL Football and Fever 2004?

I assume you have since you've already come to conclusions about this year's crop of football games. If you haven't, then your post is about as useful as a condom in a pin factory.

Why don't you read the post next time. What the poster is trying to say is that even if ESPN Football 2004 and/or Fever 2004 are better games than Madden they both will sell less than Madden. He's talking about the fact that the Madden name carries a lot of weight.

You don't have to have ESPN NFL 2004 or Fever 2004 to know that Madden will outsell them even if it is the lowest reviewed game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2003, 11:12 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:

vivrant said:
The last couple of years Madden has been the same game with usually 1 or 2 little things added to keep the oridinary madden fan happy. I think Madden is going to keep making the same game over and over again because they have the Fans that like the game because of the title. If you werent a sports gaming fan, You would see Madden in the store and pick it up, not NFL 2K or Fever. It all comes down to the popularity and marketing and Madden is the best at that. NFL is probally a better game this year but it probally wont take the crown in the revenue department. Madden is living off it's title and will continue to do that. Just giving my two cents.

same madden game over and over again huh well i guess espn hmmmmmmmmm doesn't that run animation look familar yes of course i saw that on the dreamcast version.hmmmmmmm they still make those come on be foreal all the football games are basically the same with added tackle and break tackle and catch animations and improved a.i. The same core of the game is gonna be there and it's up to you to decide what you wanna play and thats what seperates each game.

No company revamps it's engine during a systems life span unless the game is completely garbage. Visual Concepts has not changed the run animation on the players yet because they can't because i'm sure they know it needs improvement. Ea can't change the player models on their game because they can't.
So stop the hating that madden is gonna sell more and just suck it up and deal with it.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:15 AM   #7
Pro

PDex's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

HoodedSoldier said:
Quote:

vivrant said:

same madden game over and over again huh well i guess espn hmmmmmmmmm doesn't that run animation look familar yes of course i saw that on the dreamcast version.hmmmmmmm they still make those come on be foreal all the football games are basically the same with added tackle and break tackle and catch animations and improved a.i. The same core of the game is gonna be there and it's up to you to decide what you wanna play and thats what seperates each game.

No company revamps it's engine during a systems life span unless the game is completely garbage. Visual Concepts has not changed the run animation on the players yet because they can't because i'm sure they know it needs improvement. Ea can't change the player models on their game because they can't.
So stop the hating that madden is gonna sell more and just suck it up and deal with it.

VC changed the run animation this year.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:17 AM   #8
MVP

pd i have the demo and when i catch the ball with a reciever i still get that robot run down the field, there is no fluid stride.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »