Home

Ping Pong Physics??

This is a discussion on Ping Pong Physics?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2003, 11:02 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
Ping Pong Physics??

I wanted to know if it's just because I am the cardinals in Franchise Mode. I play on All-Pro with Slider tweaks up for CPU on both Offense and Defense.

What I keep noticing is that too many times, I have 3 guys surround the ball carrier or wr and they all just bounce off him and go another direction. By the time they recover, the ball carrier is taking it for a long gain or to the house.

Here is one example: RB gets the ball, my DE is engaged in a swim move, so when he hits the RB, no effect and RB continues to run. OK, that's fine. But then my LB and FS come up to make a tackle and the LB runs and does not tackle, but runs slightly behind the RB and never attempts a tackle. The FS comes next and then hits his Right Shoulder to the RB's Right shoulder (they are facing each other) and ping pongs off the RB. RB takes off to the house.

Do I need to increase my Tackle slider??? Normally tackles are pretty realistic, but I've seen this ping pong effect too often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2003, 11:11 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Ping Pong Physics??

Try pressing the dive button when you are close to them this has helped me avoid the ping pong effect
Old 08-14-2003, 11:14 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Ping Pong Physics??

Thanks, SMeyers. I'll give that a try and see if it helps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »