Home

Bring back the substitution option

This is a discussion on Bring back the substitution option within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2011, 05:32 PM   #1
Rookie

Hunsy34's Arena

OVR: 3
Bring back the substitution option

I hate having my back up running back (cj spiller) running down making tackles...... and breaking his leg!!! I know rookies play special teams but why the back up running back? I like subbing different LB's in different formations like nickle and stuff. Its meaningless put I also like putting my punter as the holder. I use it mainly foe special teams so I dont have my top defenders running down the field getting smashed and hit then tired for the 1st defensive plays. Am I the only one that misses this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2011, 06:48 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Bring back the substitution option

There is formation subs in game. What I do is start a game and pause turn off the play clock and make my subs. Then turn play clock back on and play the game.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:52 PM   #3
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2009tm
There is formation subs in game. What I do is start a game and pause turn off the play clock and make my subs. Then turn play clock back on and play the game.
You might as well be doing subs from the depth chart in the pause menu if you're doing that.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #4

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_OS
You might as well be doing subs from the depth chart in the pause menu if you're doing that.
You can't make formation subs in the depth chart.

And to the OP, you can make formation subs for the defense but not special teams. I'm with you, it needs to be brought back.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:05 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 9

Yea I was talking about just certain subs in certain formations not general subs. I agree too it should be brought back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2011, 07:15 PM   #6
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
You can't make formation subs in the depth chart.

And to the OP, you can make formation subs for the defense but not special teams. I'm with you, it needs to be brought back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2009tm
Yea I was talking about just certain subs in certain formations not general subs. I agree too it should be brought back.
My bad, misunderstood.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:51 PM   #7
Rookie

Hunsy34's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah I know when your picking your play you can hit your analog stick over to get different LB's and DB's in and stuff but it was so much easier to go into substitution put your faster 2 LB's in the nickle set or bring in a hard hitting safety at corner in a run stop formation, not to mention special teams. Drives me crazy I had fred jackson starting halfback running down the kickoff cause cj spiller was too tired from running a punt back for a touchdown. I just wanna put in my 3rd string safety or someone that really doesnt play often to be in......... just like in real life, probably wont happen with all the other stuff people want to add but it's on my wish list.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:09 PM   #8

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

They need to bring back formation subs for all sides of the ball. Back in the PS2 days I always liked to put my punter or 3rd string QB as the holder for FGs.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »