Home

Got a couple questions/complaints

This is a discussion on Got a couple questions/complaints within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2011, 12:24 PM   #1
Rookie

Hunsy34's Arena

OVR: 3
Got a couple questions/complaints

I am only in my first season and my question is at the end of the season do they add up all the tackles of your player solo and assisted to get a total so in the next season I can look back at a players stats and see how many tackles he had just no solo? In real life they add up a players assisted and solo tackles and give a total.

My complaint is I am up 28-0 4th quarter just started and the computer goes for it on 4th and 10 at their own 15.... like really, i understand they are down 4 scores but punt it away and live to see another day. Nope went for it dint get it I turn around and score up 35-0. I have seen other times the computer going for it on 4th down when they are deep in their own zone just doesnt make sense to me to have the computer keep going for it and then be able to turn around and already be in field goal range. I understand being down 14 with a couple minutes left and be in desperation mode but start of 4th quarter come on
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2011, 10:56 PM   #2
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Got a couple questions/complaints

re name your franchise at the end of the season example

lions season 1
lions season 2
they will be multiple saves but at lease you can go back another thing they need to add is the past super bowl winners so you can see who won year after year.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:44 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

I think gameplay aspects like tackling and lineman interactions are much higher priorities..
Old 02-09-2011, 12:47 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles
re name your franchise at the end of the season example

lions season 1
lions season 2
they will be multiple saves but at lease you can go back another thing they need to add is the past super bowl winners so you can see who won year after year.
You can look at who won year after year........
Old 02-10-2011, 07:28 PM   #5
Rookie

Hunsy34's Arena

OVR: 3

I agree game play is a must to be on top of the list but how hard is it to add up assisted tackles and solo and have another column for total tackles like ncaa does. And I guess I am the only one with the problem with the computer going for it on 4th down early in the 4th quarter deep in there zone instead of just punting it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2011, 07:47 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunsy34
I am only in my first season and my question is at the end of the season do they add up all the tackles of your player solo and assisted to get a total so in the next season I can look back at a players stats and see how many tackles he had just no solo? In real life they add up a players assisted and solo tackles and give a total.

My complaint is I am up 28-0 4th quarter just started and the computer goes for it on 4th and 10 at their own 15.... like really, i understand they are down 4 scores but punt it away and live to see another day. Nope went for it dint get it I turn around and score up 35-0. I have seen other times the computer going for it on 4th down when they are deep in their own zone just doesnt make sense to me to have the computer keep going for it and then be able to turn around and already be in field goal range. I understand being down 14 with a couple minutes left and be in desperation mode but start of 4th quarter come on
I HATE that. They need to fix CPU logic. It's ridiculous, and makes every score a blowout...
Old 02-10-2011, 10:01 PM   #7
Rookie

ridemooses's Arena

OVR: 8

AI logic has been terrible for a few years now, I just wonder where their resources go? They've got to have people who are fixing this very basic problems with the game and others who work on development of new features.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:52 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Usually they punt, maybe there was something on the line for them.
I was playing with the packers week two up 28-0 had them near their 25 and they punted.
It also could be random.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »