Home

Old 08-20-2003, 11:43 PM   #1
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11
In a Bind

well i finished off my season 15-3 losing to the eventual Super Bowl Champs the Oakland Raiders 38-18 in the AFC Championship game.

well i traded Tim Couch for the Panthers 1st round pick during week 6. which backfired like nothing else. i had to pick up Danny Wuerffel to back up Neil O'Donnell who i also picked up off of free agency. now that O'Donnell's contract expired and he also retired i have a spot open. i resigned Wuerffel to a 2 year deal during week 9. this leaves 1 spot open at QB. my advisors keep telling me i need a All-Pro QB who can put the team on his back. i don't know what i should do. should i try and deal Wuerffel which won't get much and one of my 1st round picks for a hopefully decent QB or should i use one of the draft picks to get Eli Manning or Ell Roberson?

also i want to deal a WR or 2 in the offseason. if i keep one of the draft picks i'm looking at trying to get Roy Williams. otherwise should i hope Amani Toomer is available in FA. i'm thinking about trying to trade Kevin Johnson who had an off year. i'd like to get Toomer who would be a huge help on offense alongside Quincy Morgan. if i do trade Johnson i'm looking at getting a CB and a draft pick in return.

i need your help fast. i'm about to go up to my room in like 20 minutes. so if you have anything to say i'd appreciate it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2003, 11:50 PM   #2
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

Re: In a Bind

also i forgot i have Randell Godfrey who was a beast at MLB for me. he is now a 89 overall. should i hold on to him or should i let Andra Davis step up and be the #2 MLB. he went up from a 69 to a 70 with limited playing time.
Old 08-20-2003, 11:52 PM   #3
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Your WR Corps is decent, and could continue to improve. Get a QB with the Panther's pick - Manning, if possible.
Old 08-21-2003, 12:01 AM   #4
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

thats my plan. i like my WR but they are taking up a ton of cap room. especially Northcutt but he's to valuable at KR and PR to lose. Andre Davis could fill in his place but i don't know if i want to risk that. i'll have to look a little further into the things. depending on what picks i get i'll see what i can do. when i was using the Giants to see how things worked out i was able to get Manning in the 2nd round with the 25th pick. also an option is Casey Claussen out of Tennessee. i think he'd be alright. otherwise Jason Gesser here i come. pick him up off of FA. or i could trade and try and get Dorsey, Simms, or Grossman.
Old 08-21-2003, 12:24 PM   #5
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

well the offseason is over and so is the preseason.

i traded Kevin Johnson and Randal Godfrey and my 1st round 30th pick to the Vikings for the #1 pick in the draft.this freed up a ton of cap like $6 million.

in the draft i got:

Roy Williams WR
Nathan Vasher CB
Joe Navarre QB
Rodney Leslie DT
Tyson Clabo RG
Tillman Holloway LG
J.R. Reed FS
Kevin Mitchell MLB

then off of free agency i got:

Don Wilkinson DT
Eddie Drummond WR
Floyd Womack LT
Greg Wesley SS
Charlie Rogers WR (not the star WR)

my team didn't change much but its a little better i think on defense.

also i finally beat the Raiders for the first time in my franchise 19-16 in preseason. Mike Vick is out for 10 weeks with a foot fracture. my overall QB rating last season was 67 this season since adding Navarre its up to a 82.

what do you guys think of the moves i made. i couldn't get an All-Pro QB like my advisors said but i think i'll be fine. i have a 89 overall RB and a 93 and 90 overall receivers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2003, 02:04 PM   #6
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

let us know how Navarre is as a QB in the pros
Old 08-21-2003, 02:24 PM   #7
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

i used him in Mini Camp for the pockett pressence. he has a cannon for a arm. his release is so quick. i got gold by with like 10 seconds left and i was sacked once. he didn't fair to well in preseason. 1 TD and 6 INTs. when i drafted him he was a 68 overall. after Mini Camp he was a 69 now he's a 71 after the preseason games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »