Home
Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 12:52 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 25
Sweed

In the final roster update Limas Sweed was added to the free agents, but when I searched him on the internet it says he's still on the Steelers. Do madden's updates suck or what? Do any Pittsburg fans know if he's still on the team?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2011, 01:48 PM   #2
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Sweed

Well Pittsburgh put him on IR ages ago so it may just be that because IR is broken on Madden, they moved him to FA to free up the roster spot. Wrong, I know.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:33 PM   #3
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nl15
In the final roster update Limas Sweed was added to the free agents, but when I searched him on the internet it says he's still on the Steelers. Do madden's updates suck or what? Do any Pittsburg fans know if he's still on the team?
He's still there, but probably not for long. Aside from his stone hands at times, he's also had maturity issues. At the start of the last year, before the breakout of Sanders and Brown, he looked to be on the right track. Then he goes down with a season ending injury, and he'll most likely be a FA if he isn't brought back for cheap.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:51 AM   #4
Rookie

AftershockFx's Arena

OVR: 6

The Steelers haven't officially cut him yet but, he's technically still under contract for another year I believe. I could easily see them keeping Sweed as their 5th WR and letting Battle walk as Battle was on the practice squad most of the year anyways.
MLB: Pittsburgh Pirates
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
Old 02-22-2011, 07:36 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AftershockFx
The Steelers haven't officially cut him yet but, he's technically still under contract for another year I believe. I could easily see them keeping Sweed as their 5th WR and letting Battle walk as Battle was on the practice squad most of the year anyways.
Actually, Battle played in every game for the Steelers. He played only special-teams, but did very well. I agree though, that I think we will cut Battle and leave Sweed on the team. I believe he has the most upside of any of our WR's. He is a great route runner, tall, and decent speed. If he learns how to catch the ball, and that's a big IF, then I could see him being our #2 WR this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2011, 08:07 AM   #6
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Actually, Battle played in every game for the Steelers. He played only special-teams, but did very well. I agree though, that I think we will cut Battle and leave Sweed on the team. I believe he has the most upside of any of our WR's. He is a great route runner, tall, and decent speed. If he learns how to catch the ball, and that's a big IF, then I could see him being our #2 WR this year.
okay, but should an NFL receiver going into his third year still be learning how to catch the ball?
Old 02-22-2011, 09:33 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
okay, but should an NFL receiver going into his third year still be learning how to catch the ball?
That's a good point. But I think the issue is more of a focus. It's not like he doesn't have the ability to. The fact that he can make the tough catches more frequently than the easy ones, points me to lack of focus. Think of Braylon Edwards, who also has improved his catching. He just has to keep improving, and I think he can be a #2 WR next year.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:41 AM   #8
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Ok, I'm closing this since it's turned into a discussion not about madden. Take it to the Pro Football forum.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »