Home

What presentation features are you hoping are announced for Madden 12?

This is a discussion on What presentation features are you hoping are announced for Madden 12? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2011, 12:39 PM   #1
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
What presentation features are you hoping are announced for Madden 12?

It seems like EA is going all out with the presentation upgrades for football this year. NCAA is looking very impressive. But what are you guys hoping to see announced for the pro game?

I'm really hoping to finally have custom music for pre game and halftime. So I can add my Fox NFL, NFL on CBS, and Sunday Night Football Themes.

Please hold the negative stuff guys. Its all in fun.

And oh yeah...."gameplay, gameplay, gameplay." We get it.
Just talking presentation right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2011, 12:48 PM   #2
Rookie

Reejer's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: What presentation features are you hoping are announced for Madden 12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
It seems like EA is going all out with the presentation upgrades for football this year. NCAA is looking very impressive. But what are you guys hoping to see announced for the pro game?

I'm really hoping to finally have custom music for pre game and halftime. So I can add my Fox NFL, NFL on CBS, and Sunday Night Football Themes.

Pregame/Half-time/Post-game wrapup.
I know that they probably didn't address this one but offseason/Draft presentation would be nice.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:53 PM   #3
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reejer
Pregame/Half-time/Post-game wrapup.
I know that they probably didn't address this one but offseason/Draft presentation would be nice.

Couldn't agree more. I thought the Halftime Show from last year was a good "start." But it did need work.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:55 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71

My personal wish list goes like this:
1. a halftime show with:
a. highlights from my games and other games
b. stats from other games and scores
2. the tony bruno or other radio talk show so I can turn off the darn music and feel immersed in a franchise mode...
3. A weekly highlight show.
4. Stats shown during the game (QB is 22/40).
5. Details in franchise where the announcers actually talk about things not in that particular game (ie. "last week the Vikings shut out the Raiders and had 5 sacks but they haven't gotten to the QB tonight)...maybe not that detailed but some recognition of what's happening in the course of the franchise mode.
6. training camp so I can practice particular skills (or include kicking in the training mode that they do have - but I prefer camp with the scenery).
7. a much bigger detailed superbowl show. Pregame comments, maybe a few player intros, just more pizzazz in general. Right now it seems about the same as a regular season game - although the ending was a pretty nice job, with the trophy (which they have to fix so it's not always the QB), visiting Obama was a nice touch etc.
8. Better comments from the announcers during pregame, and game. Right now every game "comes down to these two QB's" as Collinsworth says, even when they are two 3rd stringers. Also when Collinsworth says "he has a reputation for being a wild thrower" when the QB is Manning or Brady that's plain stupid. They have to fix this.
9. I'd actually like to hear John Madden in the booth but I know that won't happen.
10. Keep all the presentation stuff they have now and add to it.

I'm sure there's more but that's off the top of my head.

Ironically all these are things they've had before I believe...at least most of them.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:56 PM   #5
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

I would like to see

1. More stat banners. Both for in game, Season, and career
2. More immersion with franchise. Give me scores from games around the league, league leaders, play-off hunt, stats from last time the two teams met that season, etc
3. Halftime post game show. Highlights from your game with announcing (not just highlights with music in the background). Highlights from around the league or look ins (Game winning FG attempt)
4. Real time post play action. Not just cut scenes
5. If it is only cut scenes then use the correct cut scenes. If I throw a pick I don't want to see my lineman celebrating.

Last edited by jmurphy31; 04-26-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2011, 01:19 PM   #6
Rookie

Reejer's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I would like to see

1. More stat banners.
2. More immersion with franchise
3. Halftime post game show
4. Real time post play action. Not just cut scenes
5. Correct cut scenes. If I throw a pick I don't want to see my lineman celebrating.
AMEN! One way that they can produce immersion is by using the Disney strategy, which is immersion by the use of storylines. The NFL is filled with big headlines, and keep fans hooked. Storylines are what kept the focus on Favre for the past few years, you know, the old "will he or won't he?".

It would be nice to see a NFL Network guy talking about what is going on in the League. EX: have a CG Adam Schefter come on a small popup window and state, "Will QB Joe Blow ask for a bigger contract, because he is having a great season, and his contract is due to expire at the end of the season" etc.etc..
Old 04-26-2011, 01:21 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reejer
AMEN! One way that they can produce immersion is by using the Disney strategy, which is immersion by the use of storylines. The NFL is filled with big headlines, and keep fans hooked. Storylines are what kept the focus on Favre for the past few years, you know, the old "will he or won't he?".

It would be nice to see a NFL Network guy talking about what is going on in the League. EX: have a CG Adam Schefter come on a small popup window and state, "Will QB Joe Blow ask for a bigger contract, because he is having a great season, and his contract is due to expire at the end of the season" etc.etc..

Even a simple NFL.com with the rumors/news will do it for me as far as that.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:24 PM   #8
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
Even a simple NFL.com with the rumors/news will do it for me as far as that.
Or like they had with the local and national newspapers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »