Home

QB glitch. QB won't hike the ball

This is a discussion on QB glitch. QB won't hike the ball within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
QB glitch. QB won't hike the ball

I started a new franchise and am trying to play my first game. After about midway through the first quarter the QB will no longer hike the ball. He just stands behind center and does the audible motion over and over until the ref calls delay of game.

Anyone else have this problem? I've called timeouts, changed plays, went ahead and audibled out of the play but nothing works. This has happened to me the last 2 times I've tried to play. I have to quit the game each time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: QB glitch. QB won't hike the ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked1978
I started a new franchise and am trying to play my first game. After about midway through the first quarter the QB will no longer hike the ball. He just stands behind center and does the audible motion over and over until the ref calls delay of game.

Anyone else have this problem? I've called timeouts, changed plays, went ahead and audibled out of the play but nothing works. This has happened to me the last 2 times I've tried to play. I have to quit the game each time.
Never had this happen exactly as you describe. I"ve had some similar issues. Usually if I hit the start button (ps3) and go into the menu with coaching options, recap etc, and then come out of it the "freeze", if you will, goes back to normal.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 05-05-2011, 06:58 PM   #3
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

It happened to me once on the 360. Best thing to do is restart the game and start over. That's my best solution to you. I've not had problem since. So it's just a small little glitch that happens once in a blue moon.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:56 AM   #4
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

When does this actually happen to you? Like, what have you done pre-snap? I've found that if you call an audible or hot route a player that sometimes it will not let you hike the ball until you pull up a random pre-snap list and then hike it again.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 05-06-2011, 04:44 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
When does this actually happen to you? Like, what have you done pre-snap? I've found that if you call an audible or hot route a player that sometimes it will not let you hike the ball until you pull up a random pre-snap list and then hike it again.
First I thought it was happening when I pressed R2 to expand the screen to see my receivers but now it just happens regardless. I've tried to play 3 games in the last 3 days and it has happened every time midway through the 1st quarter.

I don't know what to do. I've tried going into the menu and messing around and then go back but it keeps on doing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2011, 04:45 PM   #6
Pro

Wilk5280's Arena

OVR: 11

Well, the QB never hikes the ball. Maybe you should speak to your center??

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »