Home

add revenue vs game sales?

This is a discussion on add revenue vs game sales? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-10-2011, 10:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
add revenue vs game sales?

was just wondering if anyone knew what the sales number were for add revenue?

Last edited by kehlis; 05-10-2011 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Edited out the non important portion so we could leave this question open.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2011, 11:01 PM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: add revenue vs game sales?

You get paid for the spot up front. That is how ads work. What you make off of them is already pocketed before the game hit stores.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:08 PM   #3
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

no.

/thread.

This is data we don't have and can only speculate on.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

sorry apparently i got censored and i typoed i meant what were the game sales numbers vs the add revenue they got because quite frankly this is a terrible game so I was wondering what anyone thought the add income vs game income $$$ were. My apologize to the mod who had to cut off what i said because of what i said
Old 05-10-2011, 11:18 PM   #5
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte8066
sorry apparently i got censored and i typoed i meant what were the game sales numbers vs the add revenue they got because quite frankly this is a terrible game so I was wondering what anyone thought the add income vs game income $$$ were. My apologize to the mod who had to cut off what i said because of what i said
I'm not sure you're making sense, that's like me saying 'I hate madden so how much does a cover athlete make?' One doesn't have anything to do with the other and just makes it look like im making up a question to take a shot at the game.

As I already posted, we don't have figures for ad revenue in EA's games, they're not explicitly released that I'm aware of. You can get number of copies sold from vgchartz.com or I presume EA's recent (very good) earnings call that was in the last week or two.

Much more money to be made in DLC, rather than ad impressions anyways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2011, 11:21 PM   #6
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Well ads are a one time fee.......

Game sales keeps going. So just based off of that, games sales should be higher

Considering Virgin Mobile or old Spice, etc are paying that one time fee to have their ad in all Madden 2011 games, not paying an individual fee for each game that was printed.

For example:

Let's just say Old Spice paid $500k for an ad spot. Therefore EA will only get that $500k from Old Spice and that's it, since it is just a 1 time fee for 2011 Madden.

However EA gets paid everytime 2011 sales from game sales. So $64 a game x 1 million copies sold. Game sales would be higher.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:21 PM   #7

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte8066
It's a fair question your asking which is why I edited out the second part because that was just complaining about advertising.

This thread will be okay if the discussion sticks to revenue earned as a result of advertising but we've had enough threads discussing the advertising itself.

I don't know if anyone knows the answer, but I have no problem with that question, I just don't want this thread to turn into a complaint about the ad placements...
Old 05-10-2011, 11:25 PM   #8

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
For example:

Let's just say Old Spice paid $500k for an ad spot. Therefore EA will only get that $500k from Old Spice and that's it, since it is just a 1 time fee for 2011 Madden.

However EA gets paid everytime 2011 sales from game sales. So $64 a game x 1 million copies sold. Game sales would be higher.
This is what he's asking though.

Rather than hypotheticals, does anyone know the actual figure. I think we all know how they get paid, he's not asking for the how, but the how much?

I'm curious myself.

I don't think he's suggesting games sales is less than advertising dollars, but what is the percentage of TOTAL game sales vs. advertising dollars.

This question is not a trolling topic, it's merely a discussion topic.

My guess would be that advertising falls somewhere in the 20% range of total revenue but that is nothing more than a guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »