Home

One Feature?

This is a discussion on One Feature? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
One Feature?

If you could pick ONE BEST FEATURE over the course of Madden's history, what would it be?

Rules:

1. Madden features only (please no comments about what other games had).
2. All historical features accepted (even if it's no longer available).
3. Only 1 can be BEST.
4. Try to cite the version of Madden if you can.
5. One sentence as to why this feature is the best.

You may elaborate on the choice of OTHERS positively or negatively, with the idea that this thread is designed to list what we've LOVED about Madden since we first started playing. I'll go first.

ONLINE PLAY - (Madden '03 - present) - I've always loved playing Madden head-to-head against other people.

Your turn...

Later

Last edited by TNT713; 05-17-2011 at 11:48 AM. Reason: spelling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
TLF
Rookie

TLF's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: One Feature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
If you could pick ONE BEST FEATURE over the course of Madden's history, what would it be?

Rules:

1. Madden features only (please no comments about what other games had).
2. All historical features accepted (even if it's no longer available).
3. Only 1 can be BEST.
4. Try to cite the version of Madden if you can.
5. One sentence as to why this feature is the best.

You may elaborate on the choice of OTHERS positively or negatively, with the idea that this thread is designed to list what we've LOVED about Madden since we first started playing. I'll go first.

ONLINE PLAY - (Madden '03 - present) - I've always loved playing Madden head-to-head against other people.

Your turn...

Later
Storyline Central from Madden 05 and 07

the Radio Show and Local newspaper for each team plus the National one for the BIG news

made you feel like you were actually a coach getting ready for next week while you listened to interviews on Tony Bruno's show and Fantasy players of the week

also Tony would talk about what players were complaining to their teams about Playing time etc.

and also the GAMEPLANNING from Madden 07 for the xbox , each week you were able to read a Scouting report for each team Position by Position , what they were good and bad at

also you would get 3 plays to practice against that the team u were facing considered a Money play , the better you do against the play the more prepared your team was on Sunday

and the 3rd thing the Gameplanning had was te break down it showed you what the team you were facing their Rank on Passing Rushingand Defense Ranking in the NFL as well as MISC like Penalties , 3rd down conversin etc.

also it showed you their 3 most called passing plays and running plays and how many yards they average PER PLAY both rushing and passing

REALLY helpful and i want it back
Old 05-17-2011, 12:05 PM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

It's tough to make an argument against the only feature that hasn't really changed through the history of the Madden franchise, that being the button-based passing mechanic. Clearly EA did something right there.

I guess if I had to pick a version of it, I'd go with whichever version added the capability to throw lobs vs. darts (for tapping vs holding the button; Madden 2001 maybe?)
Old 05-17-2011, 12:10 PM   #4
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Not sure exactly which Madden had it first but I would go with Franchise Mode
Old 05-17-2011, 12:10 PM   #5
TLF
Rookie

TLF's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
It's tough to make an argument against the only feature that hasn't really changed through the history of the Madden franchise, that being the button-based passing mechanic. Clearly EA did something right there.

I guess if I had to pick a version of it, I'd go with whichever version added the capability to throw lobs vs. darts (for tapping vs holding the button; Madden 2001 maybe?)
i liked 05 , it was easy to either throw a side arm bullet with Gannon or let him Loft one up to Rice for a TD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 12:12 PM   #6
TLF
Rookie

TLF's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
i dont remember either , BUT Madden 04 had a LAME Franchise all you did was play game then anothe rgame .... then another game

i think Madden 05 and 07 were overall best in Franchise , still play them on my run down old xbox because of that Fact
Old 05-17-2011, 12:40 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe

Agreed.

If I recall, the bullet/lob mechanic has always been part of the game. It may not have come until the passing windows disappeared. Maybe as early as Madden '92 (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Madden '99 I think...

Later
Old 05-17-2011, 12:45 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLF
Storyline Central from Madden 05 and 07

the Radio Show and Local newspaper for each team plus the National one for the BIG news

made you feel like you were actually a coach getting ready for next week while you listened to interviews on Tony Bruno's show and Fantasy players of the week

also Tony would talk about what players were complaining to their teams about Playing time etc.

and also the GAMEPLANNING from Madden 07 for the xbox , each week you were able to read a Scouting report for each team Position by Position , what they were good and bad at

also you would get 3 plays to practice against that the team u were facing considered a Money play , the better you do against the play the more prepared your team was on Sunday

and the 3rd thing the Gameplanning had was te break down it showed you what the team you were facing their Rank on Passing Rushingand Defense Ranking in the NFL as well as MISC like Penalties , 3rd down conversin etc.

also it showed you their 3 most called passing plays and running plays and how many yards they average PER PLAY both rushing and passing

REALLY helpful and i want it back

I have to agree with this Pal. A football game is a football game (yes I know one can be better than another) but features like this turn it into an alternate football universe.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »