Home

What Exactly CAN be Edited?

This is a discussion on What Exactly CAN be Edited? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2011, 09:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
What Exactly CAN be Edited?

Every article I've seen about franchise mentions the ability to edit ratings for players on teams and players in the draft classes. This is obviously a big deal, as the past two Maddens have had weird draft results.

Now, I'm wondering: what can be edited? I know that ratings can, as well as traits. Can you edit potential though? If you can't, that would kill editing draft classes. What if your custom-made 6'5" QB who has a rocket arm, great awareness, and amazing accuracy only comes in with a C potential? It would stink not to be able to make his potential an A.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2011, 09:38 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: What Exactly CAN be Edited?

yea i hope you can edit how players look also.. because there where some weird looking QB, RB, WR, TE with huge pads and little arms and bodys.. it just didnt look right. and id like to edit potential to bcuz some plays have great speed and size but they will always be a C and thats not good
Old 06-21-2011, 11:31 PM   #3
Rookie

imskykid's Arena

OVR: 3

If potential works like it did in 11, then you can edit your player to 99 OVR, save him, and then edit him back to his original ratings or whatever ratings you want. No matter what his potential used to be, it will jump up to A.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:36 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by imskykid
If potential works like it did in 11, then you can edit your player to 99 OVR, save him, and then edit him back to his original ratings or whatever ratings you want. No matter what his potential used to be, it will jump up to A.
It's a huge pain to write down every attribute though. I do hope POT is able to be changed, but I don't think it will. Even though that would technically fall under "Full Player Editing"...There would be no reason to download the roster updates if you could do it all yourself. Not saying I agree with that thought, but thinking about it from that perspective it makes a little more sense to not allow true "full editing". Here's to hoping I'm wrong.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:53 PM   #5
Rookie

imskykid's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
It's a huge pain to write down every attribute though. I do hope POT is able to be changed, but I don't think it will. Even though that would technically fall under "Full Player Editing"...There would be no reason to download the roster updates if you could do it all yourself. Not saying I agree with that thought, but thinking about it from that perspective it makes a little more sense to not allow true "full editing". Here's to hoping I'm wrong.
It is a huge pain... but, like you said, I doubt they'll allow us to change it like other ratings. Same goes with the ability to edit height/weight. It would be awesome if they let us change those attributes as well, but I'm not holding my breath.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2011, 12:27 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I didn't see this thread earlier....i asked a similiar question

Thanks for the feedback in this thread it appears EA is only allowing the usual ratings edits only which sucks IMO

I was hoping they'd unlock the ability to edit players names, height and weight....I hate games that handicap the user's ability to edit anything they desire regarding the players

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 06-22-2011, 01:38 AM   #7
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

I hope u can edit style also such as carry style and running style since they have 3different run style and like 5 different carry style

Old 06-22-2011, 02:17 AM   #8
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I didn't see this thread earlier....i asked a similiar question

Thanks for the feedback in this thread it appears EA is only allowing the usual ratings edits only which sucks IMO

I was hoping they'd unlock the ability to edit players names, height and weight....I hate games that handicap the user's ability to edit anything they desire regarding the players
You could edit player names last year.

Not sure if height and weight are unlocked for this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »