Home

Injury Frequency and Severity in Madden 12 demo

This is a discussion on Injury Frequency and Severity in Madden 12 demo within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Injury Frequency and Severity in Madden 12 demo

I have played several games of the Madden 12 demo and I have noticed a few things pertaining to injuries. The slider does actually seem to affect the frequency of injuries (i popped it up to 65 from 50 and saw a few more players go down). But I did notice a few things that seem to be left over problems from previous Maddens.

1) The vast majority of the injuries were of the "Will Return Soon" variety. And whatever the re-injury risk happened to be, if I re-inserted the player back in immediately, I never saw them re-aggravate the injury (even at high risk). There were a couple of players who didn't return and I assume b/c it was just the demo, there were no multi-week injuries. I am wondering if this is like Madden 10 where there were simmed injuries but never any serious injuries happening in game.

2) I haven't seen any injuries away from the play. Anybody that went down was either tackled or was tackling

3) I haven't seen a single OL or DL go down.

Anyone else noticed this and/or is there any indication that it will be different in the final version? With a working IR system finally in place I am hoping that I will need to use it, and ensure that I need depth at all postions. It would be disappointing if linemen (offense or defense) never got hurt and/or there were no injuries that needed the IR.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 12:53 PM   #2
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Injury Frequency and Severity in Madden 12 demo

It's really tough to be overly critical of these things from a demo, considering the age of the demo itself. These are tuning aspects that get fixed late in development. So, I'd personally withhold judgment on that until we get the retail copy.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:31 PM   #3
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

I too noticed the slider worked but the BIGGEST difference from M11 is that the CPU seemed affected just as much as USER.

In M11 when you ramp up the slider bar only the human would see an increase in injuries...the CPU wasn't affected at all--at least in Franchise mode

so that's cool
Old 08-16-2011, 02:06 PM   #4
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

My very first time playin the demo, a DL for the Bears got hurt. Carted off. Said he had some injury and that his risk to reinjure it was Medium. I put him back in the game and he got hurt premantely. Couldnt return. Who knows if that was a 1 game or multi game injury, but I did see it.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:33 PM   #5
Rookie

PaleVermilion's Arena

OVR: 3

My first game, I was scrambling with Rodgers and put my shoulder into a defender running at me. Result was a broken jaw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 02:49 PM   #6
Rookie

bc3po's Arena

OVR: 2

come to think of it, i don't know if i've ever had a lineman get hurt in all my years of playing madden
Old 08-16-2011, 05:38 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc3po
come to think of it, i don't know if i've ever had a lineman get hurt in all my years of playing madden
I am sure I have never seen on offensive lineman get injured in a played game either. Sometimes they would get hurt in a simmed game but never playing and it appears in the demo that that trend is continuing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »