Home

Madden 12 Offline Franchise Bidding video

This is a discussion on Madden 12 Offline Franchise Bidding video within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2011, 03:48 PM   #161
Rookie

confuzius's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 12 Video - Offline Franchise Mode: New Free Agent Bidding

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballfan952
Yes I was thinking something similar to NCAA. And that was just an example, I would probably include location/weather, Superbowl chances, Playoff chances, coach prestige, money, and playbook type among Rotherham things.

I still have just 1 concern though- in real life players resign with there old teams before even hitting the market, or even after they're on they're on the market. Now won't the free agent's old team be irrelevant? Won't they just be 1 of 32 teams bidding on a player with no advantage at all?
In the old CBA, there were restricted free agents and unrestricted free agents. There was also a franchise tag and transition tags. These concepts were incorporated in order to allow prior teams (the team the free agent had been playing for) some ability to to hold onto key players.

Have not looked at the new CBA, so unsure about the new FA system.

Zero chance that Madden will ever incorporate such sophisticated concepts b/c, the user base wouldn't take the time to learn how to use it. In real life nfl teams have an army of lawyers and execs who actually understand and manage the cap.

In my opinion, EA should set out to build a novel system which accomplishes the overall stated goal of the cap/fa system - PARITY. The other guiding goal for this system would be SIMPLICITY.

Simulating the real NFL cap system is not realistic. I would think any "sim" gamer who understood the complexity of the real life NFL cap system would agree.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 03:53 PM   #162
Pro

OVR: 7
I have good eyes to see the holes for running and the WR downfield.. I played madden 11 with the bcam and that cam was terribly done so i should have no problem with 12 bcuz it looks a lot better. I play all sports game with bcam
Old 08-25-2011, 03:53 PM   #163
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Pitt vs. Sea broadcast cam. 1st quarter

Yeah, what's with the audio? Old rosters too i see, hope when they're updated the correct QB is announced in entrance and when they go to the huddle for the first time!
Old 08-25-2011, 03:56 PM   #164
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

how do you have good eyes when the wr are not even on the screen but im not going to knock it. More power to you if thats how you play
Old 08-25-2011, 03:59 PM   #165
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner75
Yeah, what's with the audio? Old rosters too i see, hope when they're updated the correct QB is announced in entrance and when they go to the huddle for the first time!
I think the audio has something to do with the software i used to record the vid. And also they have updated rosters and its been confirmed by some people on here but they have a 360. Its connecting me to the servers but when it keeps saying unable to retrieve content from ea servers everytime i try and go to put my online pass in
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 04:07 PM   #166
MVP

OVR: 11

i appreciate the request. my strategy has alway(s) been pre-reading coverages.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:35 PM   #167
Banned

OVR: 49

Can we get one with the zoom cam?
Old 08-25-2011, 05:09 PM   #168
MVP

OVR: 14

Wow that looks nice. I play 11 with the broadcast cam. Look like they made it look even better. Kind of wish it would zoom out a lil be more on pass plays but its alot funner with this cam.

I also play every sports game with Broadcast cam.

PSN Brandon26ms

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »