Home

The new nfl kick off rule from 35 sux

This is a discussion on The new nfl kick off rule from 35 sux within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2011, 12:00 AM   #1
Pro

Giants2003's Arena

OVR: 5
The new nfl kick off rule from 35 sux

In the real games almost every kick ends up in the end zone and same in madden. Yes I can turn the kick slider down but to be realistic it needs to stay the way it is but why would the nfl take the kick return away from football ;(
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 12:08 AM   #2
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: The new nfl kick off rule from 35 sux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants2003
In the real games almost every kick ends up in the end zone and same in madden. Yes I can turn the kick slider down but to be realistic it needs to stay the way it is but why would the nfl take the kick return away from football ;(
Not too sure what you're trying to accomplish here. If you want to complain about the actual rule, there has to be a thread in the Pro Football Forum, which is the proper forum. If it's to complain about the implementation of the rule in Madden, then there are ways to remedy it such as reducing kick power. But they have to have it in the game since it is an NFL rule.
Red Sox

Twitter: @mburke2_08
PSN: mburke2_08
Old 09-02-2011, 12:10 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 9

1st I agree I hate the new rule but they said they did it for safety of the players that's why. It was the speed of two players colliding and lotsa injuries specially the concussion and neck/spine injuries. They might as well just place the ball at the 20 and not kickoff.

I wish they would have fixed the touchback stats in franchise though. Sims never have any touchbacks.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:26 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2009tm
1st I agree I hate the new rule but they said they did it for safety of the players that's why. It was the speed of two players colliding and lotsa injuries specially the concussion and neck/spine injuries. They might as well just place the ball at the 20 and not kickoff.

What would be ironic is if teams try kick high kicks that don't go into the end zone to force a return, especially if the team doesn't have a known KR threat.

What would they do then? Kick off from midfield?

They should just put the ball on the 20 and be done with it like you said.

What they also didn't think of is that the players can't assume no return, so they are still slamming into each other blocking and all that. Plus, if guys do start returning the kicks from the endzone anyway...
Old 09-02-2011, 02:46 AM   #5
Rookie

twthomas's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
What would be ironic is if teams try kick high kicks that don't go into the end zone to force a return, especially if the team doesn't have a known KR threat.

What would they do then? Kick off from midfield?

They should just put the ball on the 20 and be done with it like you said.

What they also didn't think of is that the players can't assume no return, so they are still slamming into each other blocking and all that. Plus, if guys do start returning the kicks from the endzone anyway...
I think what could be ironic will become commonplace about week 2 if not immediately. I can't imagine too many kickers and teams who like the rule. Most kickers in the NFL could probably drop in inside the 5 yard line 90% of the time if they wanted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 02:53 AM   #6
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

I'm glad they got the new rule in the game. I personally hate the new rule, but it needs to be in M12.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 09-02-2011, 03:14 AM   #7
Rookie

Lavar's Arena

OVR: 3

"The new nfl kick off rule from 35 sux"

Yeah , we know. Close this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »