Home

Do I have an legitament gripe?

This is a discussion on Do I have an legitament gripe? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
Rookie

Patscanes's Arena

OVR: 1
Do I have an legitament gripe?

Im new to OS so sorry if this is in the wrong place. With the new roster update I casually looked over each teams rosters. I noticed Donny forgot to include Dan Gronkowski on the Patriots, so I was trying to fix that. But then I noticed something, something that stood out.

I noticed Finley TE for the Packers is a 90 overall. Now no doubt about it Finley is a very gifted individual and is pretty fast for a man of his size. But how can Finley be a 90 overall when he has

1.) Never played a full season in the pros
2.) has 7 Career TD catches. 7.

I'm a Patriots fan living in Wisconsin and the Packer fans (who are generally nice) over hype this guy A LOT!. Again Finley is a gifted athlete but I don't see how he can be a 90 overall with only 7 TDs in 3 years.

Rob Gronkowski is an 84 overall. A decent stable rating. But Rob Gronkowski had 10 TDs his rookie year and was one of the best if not the best rookie TEs last year. I'm not a homer I give credit when it's due but if Finley is a 90 shouldn't Gronkowski be a 90 too? Fair is far.

Mercedes Lewis is a 90 overall and had very similar stats to Gronkowski last year.

Jacob Tamme of the Colts is an 83. So Gronkowski is only 1 better than him? Don't think so

All im saying is Finley is hyped up ( he's good and had a good game vs NO). There's no way Finley should be a 90. Maybe an 84/85?

So do I have a legit gripe?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 01:56 PM   #2
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Do I have an legitament gripe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patscanes
No.

Old 09-10-2011, 01:56 PM   #3
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

I'm still not sure how anybody that watches Finley could argue that he's not one of the best tight ends in the league, but whatever.

I'm sure we'll now hear about how he's not that fast and can't jump that high or whatever.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:57 PM   #4
Rookie

Patscanes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
No.

So finley deserves his 90 overall rating in your opinion?
Old 09-10-2011, 01:57 PM   #5
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

Quote:
Im new to OS so sorry if this is in the wrong place. With the new roster update I casually looked over each teams rosters. I noticed Donny forgot to include Dan Gronkowski on the Patriots, so I was trying to fix that. But then I noticed something, something that stood out.

I noticed Finley TE for the Packers is a 90 overall. Now no doubt about it Finley is a very gifted individual and is pretty fast for a man of his size. But how can Finley be a 90 overall when he has

1.) Never played a full season in the pros
2.) has 7 Career TD catches. 7.

I'm a Patriots fan living in Wisconsin and the Packer fans (who are generally nice) over hype this guy A LOT!. Again Finley is a gifted athlete but I don't see how he can be a 90 overall with only 7 TDs in 3 years.

Rob Gronkowski is an 84 overall. A decent stable rating. But Rob Gronkowski had 10 TDs his rookie year and was one of the best if not the best rookie TEs last year. I'm not a homer I give credit when it's due but if Finley is a 90 shouldn't Gronkowski be a 90 too? Fair is far.

Mercedes Lewis is a 90 overall and had very similar stats to Gronkowski last year.

Jacob Tamme of the Colts is an 83. So Gronkowski is only 1 better than him? Don't think so

All im saying is Finley is hyped up ( he's good and had a good game vs NO). There's no way Finley should be a 90. Maybe an 84/85?

The real gripe here is the fact that EA does rating changes each week, so cause Finley looked good in 1 quarter hes a 90 now, you will see over the course of this season every players overalls will change bases on 1 week of games, its pathetic, shoulda saw Mark Sanchez last year in Madden he was a 80 then 77 then 76 then 81 then 83 then 80 then 77 then 80 lol............they need to just relax and base the roster changes off a few games not 1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 01:58 PM   #6
Rookie

Patscanes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
I'm still not sure how anybody that watches Finley could argue that he's not one of the best tight ends in the league, but whatever.

I'm sure we'll now hear about how he's not that fast and can't jump that high or whatever.

But how is he a 90 with never playing a full season? only 7 Tds in 3 years. I don't hate the guy im just saying.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:00 PM   #7
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
But how is he a 90 with never playing a full season? only 7 Tds in 3 years. I don't hate the guy im just saying.
When he's on the field he's clearly a 90. At least.

Since when do injuries factor into this? If you're a 90 when healthy, then you're a 90.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:03 PM   #8
Rookie

Patscanes's Arena

Alright then looking at it like that then Gronk should no doubt be a 90

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »