Home

CPU ain't got no sense

This is a discussion on CPU ain't got no sense within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2011, 07:57 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
CPU ain't got no sense

So, I finally moved from All Pro to All Madden because i thought the CPU would make better decisions. Unfortunately, it hasn't. I was losing 27 - 24 with 28 seconds left on the clock. I had just used my last timeout and the CPU had the ball on 3rd down. I'm looking at the play selection expecting to see QB kneel before I pick my defense and they pick a 1 WR play. I'm thinking, ''Are these guys gonna run a play when they could just take a knee and win the game? I hope these idiots fumble the ball so I can get the ball back." Of course, the CPU proceeds to run the ball instead of taking a knee and Taylor Mays clobbers their RB, he fumbles the ball and my DE recovers it. I went on to lose the game in overtime, but I could have easily won the game because of this horrible decision by the CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2011, 07:58 PM   #2
Rookie

xElway7x's Arena

Re: CPU ain't got no sense

It's hit or miss. Sometimes they do dumb things like that, or the intelligently throw the ball away and live to fight again.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:12 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Yeah that is one of the dumb things I see them do sometimes. Especially when you play one of the aggressive teams. They always try to score more when they have the lead instead of killing clock.. That is definitely an area where the AI needs a lot of improvement in along with the 2 minute drill..
Old 10-16-2011, 08:13 PM   #4
Pro

Well, throwing the ball away would actually be worse because they'd stop the clock. They should have just taken a knee and the game would have been over.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:58 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 6

If u were on default all madden they probably just figured they would run and break 8 tackles for a td anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2011, 09:50 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Yeah that is one of the dumb things I see them do sometimes. Especially when you play one of the aggressive teams. They always try to score more when they have the lead instead of killing clock.. That is definitely an area where the AI needs a lot of improvement in along with the 2 minute drill..

That's the Bellicheat rule.......
Old 10-17-2011, 03:24 AM   #7
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

yea i've had games like that against the cmp myself although i did have one game the cmp was down 28-14 it was 1:54 left on clock and CC says well the games over now because i had just scored to go up 28-14 says time just to pad the stats etc and the cmp came out and in less then 14 secs scored 2 td's to tie the game. hit two long balls on me for td's i was suprised cause useally they just run the ball but for some odd reason they went for all the marbles and ended up tieing it but with scoring in 14 secs 2 td's still left well over a minute on clock for me so i drove down and kicked the game winning fg with 3 secs left on clock.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:53 AM   #8
K22
Rookie

OVR: 3
Angry Re: CPU ain't got no sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbranson
So, I finally moved from All Pro to All Madden because i thought the CPU would make better decisions. Unfortunately, it hasn't. I was losing 27 - 24 with 28 seconds left on the clock. I had just used my last timeout and the CPU had the ball on 3rd down. I'm looking at the play selection expecting to see QB kneel before I pick my defense and they pick a 1 WR play. I'm thinking, ''Are these guys gonna run a play when they could just take a knee and win the game? I hope these idiots fumble the ball so I can get the ball back." Of course, the CPU proceeds to run the ball instead of taking a knee and Taylor Mays clobbers their RB, he fumbles the ball and my DE recovers it. I went on to lose the game in overtime, but I could have easily won the game because of this horrible decision by the CPU.
"If it's in the game, it's in the game" > Just check out Jason Garrett's bonehead playcalling vs New England 16/10/11

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »