Home

Stopping High Lob User Catches [Megatron Jumping]

This is a discussion on Stopping High Lob User Catches [Megatron Jumping] within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-21-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
Banned

nastynatesolder's Arena

OVR: 8
Exclamation Stopping High Lob User Catches [Megatron Jumping]

Stopping High Lob User Catches

ex. Calvin Johnson jumping in air was almost unstoppable for me at least

any tips to stop megatron and other jump ball players

my little asougmha didnt jump very well :mrgreen:

I tried even sending 5 plays using down then selecting megatron

he still caught it :mrgreen: this was online so maybe he was extremely good at this

he did over 7 times for tds :mrgreen: :-o I need to stop this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2011, 07:51 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Stopping High Lob User Catches [Megatron Jumping]

The only way to stop that is to time the hit stick perfectly as soon as he catches it. To the haters, yes, the Detroit lion's lob it up to megatron all the time.

Last edited by scoonie05; 10-21-2011 at 07:53 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:26 PM   #3
Banned

Daniels2386's Arena

OVR: 2

It is hard to stop, especially when your opponent knows how to do it on a consistent basis. My best advice for coverage on Megatron, Nicks, V.Jax, R.White, etc etc is to have them in double coverage 90% of the time. Then what I do is let the CPU try and defend it with 1 person then you can switch to the other player and try to either time a good hit stick or time a good strip (Left Bumper). If there inside your 40yd line I would have them in double coverage 100% of the time. If that doesnt work maybe try a man cover 1 blitz and press the WR's. In most of the instances Ive seen it the QB needs a lil time to throw, maybe the blitz will get home before he feels comfortable lobbing it up. Hope any of that helps
Old 10-21-2011, 08:51 PM   #4
Banned

nastynatesolder's Arena

OVR: 8

good idea but these were 70+ yrd bombs. He would hike wait 3 secs tap B then it would launch 70 yards and he would jump with megatron and snatch it it was frustrating + he onside kicked it 8 times and I lost 10 fumbles so I dont know maybe he digital madden gangsta
I tried prevent and tried running back at before he hiked it but of course you dont wanna do that a lot then other exploits open up
Old 10-21-2011, 09:33 PM   #5
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14

well first off, the fact that you said he onside kicked 8 times makes him a cheeser, so anything else he did was probably cheese too.

there is a weird animation though on some deep passes and on end zone fades where the WR is the only one that jumps, the defenders wont even jump to swat, pick, or anything, they only tackle after the catch. it sucks. i know in my franchise i dont even throw fades anymore because it is too easy. if i get a WR 6'2 or taller i can just throw it up in triple coverage and know 90% of the time he will be the only one that jumps.

so there is a problem with this. sure in real life megatron goes up and grabs almost anything, but atleast in real life the defenders try to go up with him and every once in a while they will succeed. but in the game they dont even try.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2011, 09:43 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Thats the online All-Pro mess.. You always get terrible coverage like that from your defenders. I really wish they would let you play online ranked games on All-Madden as an optional feature.. Offense is just too easy on All-Pro when you play against a good USER.. I haven't really bothered playing too many Online games this year..
Old 10-22-2011, 05:43 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 23

NFL Teams are finding this out to be a VERY hard task as well.

As soon as you figure it out, I'm sure the Packers, Bears, Vikings and the rest of the League woud appreciate a call

psn - CeeGee
Old 10-22-2011, 10:24 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 0

Double cover and instead hitsticking, hit the swat button just as the ball is coming down, this will cause an animation that makes him swat at the ball and once its caught mid air he will shove the WR and he drops the ball.

Success rate has been good for me, i got the tip from another player who was having trouble with this aswell.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »