Home

NFL Films and Madden

This is a discussion on NFL Films and Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2011, 05:45 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
NFL Films and Madden

First of all, there must have been some kind of fallout between Madden and NFL Films. They no longer have the Rights to the original NFL Films music apparently.
But I was thinking. A lot of the game lost it's luster when John Madden retired as a consultant. He knew the minute details of Football, and it had to pass his Muster before he would allow his name on the product. It hasnt been the same since he left. God Bless John Madden.
What if they hired someone such as Steve Sabol to act as video consultant some time in the near future? Have the highlights cut by the same people that edit NFL Films?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2011, 05:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NFL Films and Madden

I really miss the NFL films music. I always turned off all the other music and only listened to the NFL films music. I hate the other trash they have on the soundtrack and most of it I would not want to having playing with my kids in the room even though the sensor the F word.....
Old 10-28-2011, 05:51 PM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Madden is still a consultant on the game.

The fly out to his house every January.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
But I was thinking. A lot of the game lost it's luster when John Madden retired as a consultant. He knew the minute details of Football, and it had to pass his Muster before he would allow his name on the product. It hasnt been the same since he left. God Bless John Madden.
I remember reading an article in ESPN or Sports Illustrated about John Madden's actual role in the making of Madden and I don't think he had too much to do with development. I can see how he might have been a positive influence on gameplay, but the massive problems in recent versions (Franchise mode) have nothing to do with his absence.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:53 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

i hope nfl films music comes back for 13, it aint huge but i feel it gets you in the mood to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2011, 07:30 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCheese
I remember reading an article in ESPN or Sports Illustrated about John Madden's actual role in the making of Madden and I don't think he had too much to do with development. I can see how he might have been a positive influence on gameplay, but the massive problems in recent versions (Franchise mode) have nothing to do with his absence.
When they say that he doesn't have much to do with development - that's the coding side of the game.

When the dev crew does their annual meeting with Mr. Madden, they always come away with lists of things that end up in the game.

Later

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »