Home

How to go from being a Franchise player to h2h and not take a beat down?

This is a discussion on How to go from being a Franchise player to h2h and not take a beat down? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2011, 08:26 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
How to go from being a Franchise player to h2h and not take a beat down?

Heres the thing: I play almost exclusivley franchise mode. This week I branched out into head to head online and got my butt handed to me.My franchise is with the Browns and I think it's on the easiest setting. What level of difficulty do I need to make is so I can practice and become better prepared for online play? The two games I played I used my second favorite team the jets and then they lions-- the lions game I actually had a lead for a short time.
Another thing during both games I threw more interceptions then I have in playing almost three seasons, I'm not sure if they were user picks or what but it was certainly frustrating-- I played through both games evenn though i was getting thumped because I don't quit when I'm losing.

I may start doing some play it now games at a higher level with a team I can run with online (I don't mean run the ball I mean just go with lol) I am thinking of possibly trying Cincy-- heard they're speed on D is impressive and the offense has a few weapons.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2011, 09:55 AM   #2
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: How to go from being a Franchise player to h2h and not take a beat down?

try bumping it up to like all-pro and play a few play now matches. or if you have a friend who is better than you play against him and practice like that. another thing is people online like to cheese a lot and use exploits online so that may also be contributing to your losses. this is why i do not play online except against friends who i know won't cheese. lastly in my experience, the packers, eagles, and ravens are the easiest teams to use, so maybe try using one of them.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:58 AM   #3
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJustPull
Heres the thing: I play almost exclusivley franchise mode. This week I branched out into head to head online and got my butt handed to me.My franchise is with the Browns and I think it's on the easiest setting. What level of difficulty do I need to make is so I can practice and become better prepared for online play? The two games I played I used my second favorite team the jets and then they lions-- the lions game I actually had a lead for a short time.
Another thing during both games I threw more interceptions then I have in playing almost three seasons, I'm not sure if they were user picks or what but it was certainly frustrating-- I played through both games evenn though i was getting thumped because I don't quit when I'm losing.

I may start doing some play it now games at a higher level with a team I can run with online (I don't mean run the ball I mean just go with lol) I am thinking of possibly trying Cincy-- heard they're speed on D is impressive and the offense has a few weapons.

Thoughts?
My suggestion would be to get a team your comfortable with, learn the teams strengths and weaknesses as well as the playbook and then play online as much as possible. Playing the CPU can't really prepare you for playing Users online because each one is unpredictable and has their own style of play.

Practicing with the difficulty slider set to at least All Pro will help slightly, the biggest thing is the timing on your routes and learning which players you want to check down to on each play. Make sure that you are familiar with plays that utilize every inch of the field. You have to be able to adjust your game plan to every scenario and user as each one has different strengths and tendencies.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:25 AM   #4
Rookie

Good ideas guys. I am not really a fan of the Ravens but for online play i may try them.. Do you think the bengals will be a team I can win a few games with or are they too much of a work in progress? I'd love to be able to win a few games with The Browns online but I don't see that happening..

Old 10-29-2011, 10:34 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 18

I would recommend going online right now and playing as many "Ranked" matches as you can. Keep notes on each game on what type of attacks you are unable to stop and what type of defenses are giving you fits.

I have just joined the "Ranked" match community and absolutely love it. I am not sure if I can ever play the A.I. anymore. When playing online you have to focus the whole time and pay attention to your opponent.

Finally don't get frustrated when you lose (you will) and you can't stop another players gameplan. Just learn something from each outing. Don't expect people to play like you or follow some unspoken sim rules; folks want to win and will take risks to do so.

Have fun
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2011, 10:43 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 18

Personally I don't believe in playing with one team, because it gets boring. What I am doing and will continue to do so for all my sports games is to play with a different team each time.

For example in Madden 12 I started with Arizona and will go in alphabetical order up to Washington; basically 32 teams in 32 days. Then start back with Arizona.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:07 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 16

If you want to start playing H2H this is the year to do it, as IMO there aren't too much exploits in the game. The 32 teams would work, and then pick the top 3 teams you like from there and use those. Playing all-pro will help, and utilize the hot routes feature. Don't just ask madden, but pick plays where you're comfortable throwing to the routes on the field and change the routes to ones you like and are suitable for the QB you are using. Always remember to mix it up, and if you are turning the ball over a lot, you should run the ball more. Then on defense, try to mix it up with man and zone, unless their WR's are much faster than yours (ex. Eagles) then use almost all zone. Have fun!
Old 10-29-2011, 11:29 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Personally I don't believe in playing with one team, because it gets boring. What I am doing and will continue to do so for all my sports games is to play with a different team each time.

For example in Madden 12 I started with Arizona and will go in alphabetical order up to Washington; basically 32 teams in 32 days. Then start back with Arizona.
Might be a good way to find team/playbook that I Like. Might just do that.. Do you guys do a lot of tweaks to the rosters if your using certain teams or do u usually just leave everything as default.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »