Home

Noel Devine is incredible

This is a discussion on Noel Devine is incredible within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2011, 01:49 PM   #1
Pro

WildFan22's Arena

OVR: 8
Noel Devine is incredible

I'm in my 4th season as the Vikings and I got fed up with Adrian Peterson fumbling at the end of the game especially in the playoffs so I traded him.

I thought I was rebuilding until I discovered Noel Devine. I'm not sure if he is considered cheese or what but he almost doubling the yards that I got from AP. I feel guilty because he is too good to be picked up off the wire.

Whoever said in another thread that Noel Devine was the best back was correct. It's as though he was programed to fight for extra yards even if I'm not controlling him. I'm considering dropping him because I don't feel like I earned it as a GM.

Has anyone else seen this in their franchise?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2011, 01:52 PM   #2
Rookie

mngophers21's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Noel Devine is incredible

Whenever I make my "expansion team" for franchise I pick him up and use him as my secondary back, then make him my premier back in year 2 after he progresses.

He's crazy good, also doubles as a good return man.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:09 PM   #3
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Well "Divine" is defined as "God-like." So maybe this is no surprise... lol

In-fact "Noel Divine" basically means "Christmas God"

... oh merry Xmas everyone
Old 12-09-2011, 03:29 PM   #4
Rookie

Sqeeshy's Arena

OVR: 1

I don't think I would consider him "cheese" because he is not on a team and went undrafted. It's not like picking up guys like Stephen Paea who get cut due to the AI having a fetish for cutting 3rd rounders and keeping UDFAs. But he is definetly a diamond in the rough especially at 65 OVR.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

i picked him up too in my expansion team franchise. Kinda surprised he isnt fumbling as much as Peterson though cause he has a low carry rating and once he fumbles once you can be assured he will fumble again in that game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2011, 04:00 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

its a shame he went undrafted IRL he has a similar build to sproles maybe a little skinnier but that could be worked on with the conditioning of the nfl. teams either didn't wanna waste a pick because of the toe injury during his senior year which doesn't seem major but for a tiny tiny back that needs every bit of quickness and agility, or maybe they didnt want someone so small even though its shown some success in the league (sproles, woodhead, etc)
Old 12-09-2011, 04:11 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I always lower his ratings a little bit, doing that makes him a little more realistic and much more of a challenge to get him to improve.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:53 PM   #8
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhitsrandy
its a shame he went undrafted IRL he has a similar build to sproles maybe a little skinnier but that could be worked on with the conditioning of the nfl. teams either didn't wanna waste a pick because of the toe injury during his senior year which doesn't seem major but for a tiny tiny back that needs every bit of quickness and agility, or maybe they didnt want someone so small even though its shown some success in the league (sproles, woodhead, etc)
Yea I was disappointed when he wasnt picked up in the draft. Maybe just maybe no team wanted to take a chance on him. He has had some life issues in his past, and he had a rough upbringing. Not saying that is the reason why, but I know teams look into EVERYTHING when scouting college players.

I have followed him since he was at North Fort Myers High School down here in florida. He was squating 400 lbs an had a 315 bench as a freshman in high school. There was a video of it but I couldnt find it.

The players he was playing against in high school probably thought he was a cheese also lol. If anyone of you ever seen Chris Rainey in high school...Devine was like Rainey 2.0

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »