Home

How do you build your receiving core?

This is a discussion on How do you build your receiving core? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2011, 12:33 PM   #1
Rookie

legenddt's Arena

OVR: 3
How do you build your receiving core?

I always like to have my number 1 guy be an all around, he has to be a go to guy, someone who can stretch the field vertically, make the tough catches over the middle and some spectacular catches. My number 2 guy is usually strictly a speed guy, someone who can get behind the coverage. This guy wont catch a ton of passes, but his yards per catch will be high and when he does catch one there's a good chance it'll be a td. My number 3 guy is obviously my slot receiver, this guy can be in the low 80's in speed for all I care, as long as he has a good catch in traffic rating, and elusiveness. And lastly, my tight end, speed also doesn't really concern me with this position. I want a guy with high catch in traffic and high trucking. My slot guy catches the tough passes and tries to make a few guys miss while picking up extra yards and taking punishment, while my tight end makes tough catches and dishes out the punishment, plowing people over. What do you guys look for?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
Pro

Troopershorty51's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: How do you build your receiving core?

In general for my 1st receiver I always go for a big play guy, someone who can make big catches in tough situations, 2nd reciever i get a faster guy with good hands, for my slot receiver i usually go after someone with good catch in traffic and for my tight end i always get a faster one that create a mismatch and can catch in traffic.

I almost never draft a receiver over 95 speed or so, i feel like its too easy to use a fast receiver so I just don't do it...
Old 12-26-2011, 01:17 PM   #3
Rookie

legenddt's Arena

I LOVE using AJ green, he does it all, I was a little skeptical about his big play ability (in madden) because of his pedestrian 89 speed. But his jumping and spectacular catch make him a deadly deep threat anyways. I always trade for this guy in franchise (i give the cpu 2 first rounders and either 1 or 2 upcoming stars to let them win the trade to make up for doing a deal they'd never do in real life
Old 12-26-2011, 01:24 PM   #4
Rookie

kiz5's Arena

First WR -- 85 CIT/CAT, > 88 SPD, 85+ RTE
2nd WR -- > 92+ SPD, 80+ CAT, 80+ BPR
3rd WR --> RTE/CIT, unless the 2nd WR is slow.
Madden gamer since 93, Madden Online Record: 252-31, #360 overall
NCAA gamer since 2002
Old 12-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #5
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

RBK is huge to me...

It not only helps in the run game but can be a HUGE asset in YAC...

WR1: Speed, RBK, CTH

WR2: RBK, Speed, CTH

WR3: CIT, RBK, Speed...

If they don't have RBK numbers in the 40's, Speed in the 90's and CTH / RTE / CIT numbers in the high 70's or above, they ain't playin' for me!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2011, 02:19 PM   #6
Rookie

legenddt's Arena

The only star who ill pay big money to is my number 1 guy, everyone else fills a specific need and can be replaced if they want to much
Old 12-26-2011, 03:29 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2
I like the set up of the op, in my cardinals chise I traded a safety's that was 89 ovr or something to the bengals and 2nd rounder for green. I line him up in my number two but I year three he has surpassed Fitzgerald. So now I have green at 1 Fitzgerald at 2, my 3 is dane sazenbacher from Osu (great hands) and I traded for Jeremy kerley for speed, I also signed Ted ginn as a free agent.. You can call me al Davis because i love speed lol.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:43 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

I just go best avaliable. Overall is the most important thing to me because I do not rely on 1 rating. If they arent that fast then I know they will catch everything if their rating is still high. Speed is overated for recievers. I will take a guy with high catching in traffic over somebody with speed. Most of the guys with speed cant catch a slant because you hit them and they drop it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »