Home

What Madden's Franchise Mode should be like...

This is a discussion on What Madden's Franchise Mode should be like... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
What Madden's Franchise Mode should be like...

I just watched this video on the front page of OS and thought to myself, wouldn't it be cool with Madden Franchise mode was kinda like this F1 game.

http://youtu.be/fZH8PzanOhk

Yes, I realize that Head Coach was somewhat like this game (more of management focus to the game) but it would be amazing if you could create and manage your entire franchise, from building a weight room to give players more strength and speed to gaining enough money to build your own stadium,(with a innovative stadium creator that's not just a choice between a set of generic stadiums, something like you would see in The Sims, which you can build your stadium as uniquely as you want it) or you could get to a certain profit level that the local government will grant you a stadium with public funds). If you've placed MLB the Show its somewhat like the idea I have for Madden Franchise mode, but you are in control or EVERY aspect of you franchise.

Tell your thoughts, feeling, concerns additional input on this idea. I know this idea probably would be able to happen on this generation of consoles but we're only a few years away from the next cycle of consoles, so this master idea could happen within the next 5 years or so...

Last edited by Vadiplomat04; 05-02-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #2
Rookie

SnakeEyez's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: What Madden's Franchise Mode should be like...

I fear we may not get any upgrade to franchise this year.. I'm crossing my fingers just for something simple like a larger player pool from draft imported classes
Old 05-03-2012, 11:33 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: What Madden's Franchise Mode should be like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadiplomat04
I just watched this video on the front page of OS and thought to myself, wouldn't it be cool with Madden Franchise mode was kinda like this F1 game.

http://youtu.be/fZH8PzanOhk

Yes, I realize that Head Coach was somewhat like this game (more of management focus to the game) but it would be amazing if you could create and manage your entire franchise, from building a weight room to give players more strength and speed to gaining enough money to build your own stadium,(with a innovative stadium creator that's not just a choice between a set of generic stadiums, something like you would see in The Sims, which you can build your stadium as uniquely as you want it) or you could get to a certain profit level that the local government will grant you a stadium with public funds). If you've placed MLB the Show its somewhat like the idea I have for Madden Franchise mode, but you are in control or EVERY aspect of you franchise.

Tell your thoughts, feeling, concerns additional input on this idea. I know this idea probably would be able to happen on this generation of consoles but we're only a few years away from the next cycle of consoles, so this master idea could happen within the next 5 years or so...
Last gen consol versions of Madden had some of the franchise options that you mention. I think it was M07 or M09 that actually included a system in which the user actually could set prices for tickets, concessions, concessions, parking etc on a weekly basis. You could really jack up your prices for key home games with a succesful team without negatively affecting ticket sales. The user could add upgrades like high end box seats which would greatly increase a successful teams profit margin. During the offseason the user was graded for management skills and profits could be used for further upgrades. Money left over was carried over to consecutive seasons.
There was a stadium creator as well which wasn't that great. The option of applying for municipal funding was also included. I can remember actually saving enough money after 9 seasons to biuld a new stadium without any municipal help.

Personnally I would much rather see EA leave offline franchise as it is except for the stupid scouting and FA bidding system and focus resources and disk space on gameplay issues.
Upgrade franchise mode with a new version of "Headcoach" as a separate title in which the user could deal with all the offseason franchise stuff that would then be imported into Maddens franchise mode prior to each succesive season.
Some folks may not like this but I suspect a lot of football junkies like me would gladly dump $120.00 a year on two titles if they were programmed to work together. Fix the import issues with NCAA and I would no doubt be giving them another sixty bucks!!!!

Last edited by dirtguru; 05-03-2012 at 11:35 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »