Home

Wind in Madden

This is a discussion on Wind in Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18
Wind in Madden

I was reading the kicking thread just now and someone was asking about understanding wind direction. It got me thinking, if EA really can share technology from other EA games, why can't they take the wind tech from Tiger Woods? Put that arrow in the top right corner for kicks so we actually know what direction the wind is going.

On top of that they could give us swirling winds and gusts that would truly improve the difficulty of kicks.

It would also be great if the wind affected the passing game, and if they could borrow the tech from TW, I don't see why it couldn't. Then with total control passing, we would have to take that into account on really windy days.

Oh, and one last thing before I go, please make a more obvious display for the coin toss on which way the wind is headed. I hate thinking I'm picking into the wind or vice versa only to find out after I kick it that I was wrong. Why make it so confusing?

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2012, 06:28 AM   #2
MVP

AussieChiefsFan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Wind in Madden

I absolutely agree! Also it would be great if they made it look like there actually IS wind during gameplay. Like maybe have swaying grass (improve on the 3d grass from M12)
Old 05-02-2012, 12:05 PM   #3
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

I'm glad someone other than me thinks this is important... Haha, I was starting to think nobody cared. To me, realistic wind would go a long way towards improving the kicking game, and could potentially make the passing game more fun. The tech exists, and on top of that ea owns it. They say they share tech, so realistically, how difficult would it be to bring this over to madden?
Old 05-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I think this would be pretty cool. I think weather in general should be more of a concern in Madden/NCAA. Fatigue should play a bigger role on hot days ect.

Which brings me to something else pretty interesting. Why is it Madden never develops any tech that other games borrows? Seems like Madden is always borrowing something from another game. Madden is the second best selling sports game they have I think, why aren't they headlining any of the tech?

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8

Has anyone every played I think its called "flick football" for the iphone or it could be on andriod too? One of the most satisfying passing systems I have ever used. You swipe your finger to throw the ball. the swipe has to be in the direction you want to throw to lead the receiver. The faster you swipe your finger the harder you throw the ball. I also think length of the swipe makes a difference as well. It also takes wind into account. Gonna play it right now actually.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, its almost exactly like the game paper toss. But a little more advanced.

Last edited by johnnyg713; 05-02-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #6
EA Game Changer

sgibs7's Arena

OVR: 37

fgs are way to easy in the game i have to agree with that. you can boot 64 yarders with janikowski or crosby just aslong as your timing is right.

just curious does anyone have any stats on how much wind actually effects kicking in the NFL?

My latest Madden 13 & NCAA 13 strategy guides:
Official EA SPORTS Madden NFL 13 Strategy Guide
Official EA SPORTS NCAA Football 13 Strategy Guide

Learn more about Madden Tips:
www.MaddenTips.com

http://twitter.com/Sgibs7
Old 05-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #7
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I think this would be pretty cool. I think weather in general should be more of a concern in Madden/NCAA. Fatigue should play a bigger role on hot days ect.

Which brings me to something else pretty interesting. Why is it Madden never develops any tech that other games borrows? Seems like Madden is always borrowing something from another game. Madden is the second best selling sports game they have I think, why aren't they headlining any of the tech?
Sage, I wonder this all the time. Why is Madden taking instead of innovating? But that being said, the tech exists in TW, just take it. Haha.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:28 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I absolutely agree!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »