Home

I'm tired of the excuses.

This is a discussion on I'm tired of the excuses. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 09:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
I'm tired of the excuses.

Every year we get the same response about how we ran out of time. What's new? we have heard this every year when it comes to features that we had in years past or new features we wanted in this year. Whatever it is we always get a unfinished product. I'm frustrated with this company and how they feel it is acceptable to do things halfway. I agree with most that even though some big features were left out this year, that we might have our best gameplay, and franchise experience in a long time. i bought madden 12 used and towards the end of the football season mainly due to my bad experience with the previous years game, only to return this game within a month. i had high hopes that this year was going to be different. It started off great and impressive, only to be let down again by missing features. I just wished someone cared at EA to bring us a complete game. I will buy this game once again used this year, and continue to hope that next year we will see a complete game without excuses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2012, 09:55 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: I'm tired of the excuses.

I agree, but this thread doesn't really do much to offer alternatives or solutions.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Understand how you feel, but maybe this would have been better in one of the threads already talking about this before starting a new one?
Old 06-25-2012, 09:57 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Why do you think they run out of time? Probably because this game is on a 1 year development cycle traditionally. Do you know how much work goes in to make a new game every year, at the production level that madden demands?

GAMERTAG: ZACKATTACK52
REGION: PHILADELPHIA
FAVORITE TEAM: RAVENS
FAVORITE PLAYER: RAY LEWIS
Old 06-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #5
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACKATTACK52
Why do you think they run out of time? Probably because this game is on a 1 year development cycle traditionally. Do you know how much work goes in to make a new game every year, at the production level that madden demands?
One game comes to mind. NBA2K. They seem to give us a fun game, with an overall amazing presentation and feel for the respective game it represents.
What's Tiburon's excuse?

I am not saying that 2k isn't without it's flaws, but when you are the only company making the only sports game in that particular sport... why does the competition still blow you out of the water showing what they can do in the same amount of time you have to make a game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2012, 10:05 PM   #6
Rookie

StanleyStutters's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Apparently they've been working on CC for the past two years. This makes me think that we will be without some features (multiple team control, importing from NCAA, and couch co-op) for multiple years instead of just this one.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #7
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyStutters
Apparently they've been working on CC for the past two years. This makes me think that we will be without some features (multiple team control, importing from NCAA, and couch co-op) for multiple years instead of just this one.
Actually, Josh Looman was specifically asked about imports from NCAA and he said they know it's a popular feature and they will put it back in asap.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:09 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
it was just 2 years ago that we were told that we were going to have more emphasis placed on franchise mode for 12 and that's why they didn't do anything for it in 11. I understand there is a new team in charge this year. my gripe isn't with the team directly. i'm more concerned with how a company as a whole can feel ok with mediocrity. The devs do a good job communicating with us through the forums, but every year it's rushed or incomplete. i just wonder if the company as a whole is paying attention to it's bread and butter, or are they on auto pilot?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »