Home

A few questions about the new franchise mode from someone who's been under a rock

This is a discussion on A few questions about the new franchise mode from someone who's been under a rock within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #49
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: A few questions about the new franchise mode from someone who's been under a rock

Not being able to edit inside is a tough enough thing to swallow for most....But I could almost believe that "Its our 1st year" stuff if it were just that......

But the Alarm Bells should be going off when we can't even start a CC with an edited file....That says theres something more wrong with the design then there should be.....

And I don't want to even think about how ticked off I would get if this was a business decision from the suits who want to try and force people to always buy Next Years game

Thats why its so important for them to clarify their position on this stuff

Id love to ask them or have some one ask them and get an official on the record response
Quote:
*Why are Donny Moore's Rosters able to be edited throughout the season and uploaded into CC but not ours???

*Do you feel users deserve the same ability??
*Do You know your game is one of the very few sports games that doesn't allow this???
*Do you understand the Importance of this to your fans??
*Whats it going to take to get this Back??...Is it a Priority???....And whats the timetable??...
*Will it take Longer to add back because you won't just add it for offline but Online Too???
*How much faster could it be done if you didn't have to worry about the Online Aspect????

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 06-27-2012, 09:21 AM   #50
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: A few questions about the new franchise mode from someone who's been under a rock

Everyone who is on both sides of the fence have valid points on CC.

All we can really do is wait, and see it for ourselves. It may turn out to be a very nice experience, or be a waste of time. Rather than just speculating I think we are better off wating for the game to release and check it out for ourselves.

We may be able to do things we could never do before, and create a totaly different experience. I know change can be tough at times, but once we give something different a chance. It may not be that bad once you get use to it.

Just a little over 2 months to go, and we shall find out what CC truly is
Old 06-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 8

in Connected Careers as a player can you be a Kicker or Punter ? i know in previous superstar modes you couldnt.. I hope you can

thanks
NFL: Indianapolis Colts
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NCAA: Auburn Tigers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #52
Rookie

tackle74's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
The general impression of Connected Careers based on this is WAY off. Connected Careers is going to be better than Franchise Mode ever was if everything they added works the way they want it to. Go read the Connected Careers diary on mymaddenpad.com so you guys can understand what the heck you are talking about when it comes to Connected Careers.

A pokemon like progression system how??????????
For you maybe her heck maybe for almost everyone but for me having no NCAA draft classes and no ability to fix the crap rosters EA puts out every year makes my offline franchise (my only playmode) dead. Why any f'ing thing I do offline should be taken is pure BS and micro management.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:19 PM   #53
Rookie

tackle74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
no one is saying not have the option. i want as many options as possible. but they have to work and not break anything. imagine the outrage if ea put in draft classes and the cpu logic didn't work for them, editing put in and crashing your CC because cpu teams couldn't resign enough players, or fantasy draft put in with cpu teams not drafting for their system or putting any emphasis on age(which it didn't in 12).
That is what they get paid to do, and charge $60 a game for to do the job that consumers want. If you don't care then that is fine but others do care, alot. I have never understood how in house 2 such similar games cannot use the same engine and have all this stuff streamlined. NCAA and Madden should essentially be the same game.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:56 PM   #54
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

and they also have deadlines too. the reason for these things not being added is the same for rtp not being in ncaa, NO TIME. rtp wasn't ready in time to implement in ncaa. the things complained about not being in cc are not in because they didn't have time to implement them and test them to make sure they work, considering the fact they built cc from the ground up. none of the things are core functionality for cc. just because something is required for you to play the game the way you want, doesn't make ti a requirement to play the game.

also they have gone to great lengths to make the games more similar this year. aside from rtp, the gameplay improvements are the same. they also made the control schemes the same this year.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #55
Rookie

tackle74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
and they also have deadlines too. the reason for these things not being added is the same for rtp not being in ncaa, NO TIME.
Quite frankly a BS excuse. If they truly move from year to year or are working 2 years out still does not give them an excuse. The problem is they treat NCAA & Madden as separate games. They should be one unified development team with 2 branches for specific game issues. Until they actually care about customers instead of JUST the bottom line they will piss off consumers every year. Face it fanboys EA has dropped the ball EVERY year since this gen of consoles.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm sure EA was well aware of the fact that removing some features would be a disappointment to some, but that's life. You can never satisfy everybody all the time. Unfortunately, for everybody who says they will not buy the game, there is someone, not on this site or any other gaming site, that will be attracted to the gane and buy it. The removal of this feature is like beating a dead horse. The missing features can not and will not be patched in this year. I'm sure the Dev team is aware of the frustration; they'll correct it, I'm sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »