Home

Removal of 32 team Control

This is a discussion on Removal of 32 team Control within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Removal of 32 team Control

Aside from all of the massive improvements Madden 13 has made I don't see how the game can be "realistically" playable without this feature. (for me at least)

In Madden 12 the AI will choose walk-ons over first round picks. Unless the development implements more "roles" that prevent this and adjusts them so that they actually work (ex: currently an 80A QB doesn't have the QB role..so will be replaced in draft/free agency) this will continue in 13. With 32 team control I was able to fix this in my franchise by cutting players for all teams. Ala no more 1rst round A potential players in the FA pool.

In Madden 12 the AI will replace a player that has been injured for the season. Ex: Vick is injured in week 6...Eagles draft first round QB to replace him. Even though next season he will be perfectly fine.

Due to the above issues it's not uncommon in Madden 12 for the AI teams to have 2 or even 3 starting QBs at high salaries. (The Bills are the biggest culprit in my franchises normally racking up Fitzpatrick, Garrard and a 1rst round rookie all for around 7mil ea) which handicaps them when FA comes around..or would if there wasn't so much extra cap space on every team.

The developers should AT LEAST add Salary Cap penalties so the AI is affected the same way the user is...

Not sure if this is still an issue but in past games the AI would occasionally relocate their team and you would end up with the Anaheim Sharks.
(Anyone know if that is still an issue?..Haven't noticed it since the older Maddens).

Co-Op wasn't a huge feature for me but occasionally I would be able to talk my wife into playing franchise (requires two team control).

The first one is the game breaker for me..but could easily be fixed.

How does this affect you?
Is it all going to be fixed so that I can stop dreading that the game is going to be a floater...or is all this physic hype going to cause EA to overlook the fact that the AI can't even manage their rosters...

Off topic..
Madden 13 AI will trade each other (unless I misread wherever that was)
Is this going to be like NBA 2k12 myplayer mode...trading LeBron James for Kevin Durant aka...Tom Brady for Aaron Rodgers...

Seems like we are removing control from the user and entrusting control to the AI (which if developed properly would be a godsend but that's a longshot at best).

Basically...I can't wait for Madden 13. I get anxious around June of every year and I hope and pray for a miracle. This year I'm just afraid of being disappointed. Feedback appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2012, 05:06 AM   #2
Rookie

edjames01's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Removal of 32 team Control

This game has NOTHING to do with Madden 12. Head Coach 09 doesn't allow the user to control multiple teams and the CPU team are managed just fine.

Besides, there will likely be way too much to do in M13 to make 32 team control even feasible.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:20 AM   #3
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Removal of 32 team Control

locked...use the search function...a few threads about this already.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »