Home

Madden 13 - Roster Numbers

This is a discussion on Madden 13 - Roster Numbers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2012, 06:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden 13 - Roster Numbers

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but in Madden 13 will there be minium player requirements at each position like previous seasons? e.g. you must have 2 x FS and 2 x SS?

The reason i ask is that in past editions if say i had 3 x FS that i liked i would EDIT one so that they were a SS so i could keep them on the team and it was a great workaround

Wondered what will happen on this years edition??

thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #2
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Madden 13 - Roster Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan123
Apologies if this has been mentioned before but in Madden 13 will there be minium player requirements at each position like previous seasons? e.g. you must have 2 x FS and 2 x SS?

The reason i ask is that in past editions if say i had 3 x FS that i liked i would EDIT one so that they were a SS so i could keep them on the team and it was a great workaround

thanks!
You cant edit this year, so I dont think it will be an issue.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:42 AM   #3
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan123

thanks!
In the online franchises we've never had the ability to edit players AT ALL. Though the minimum at positions like safety was one player. I often carried 3 FS (usually one had a SS skill set), and 1 SS, then just used my depth chart.

For those who are used to offline I imagine this will be the same for you now as well.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 25
Roster minimums need to be completely re done.

If. Don't want a FB I shouldn't be forced to keep one. Etc etc
Old 07-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Roster minimums need to be completely re done.

If. Don't want a FB I shouldn't be forced to keep one. Etc etc
Every team carries a FB/h-back (te type that is used in FB situations. It's one roster spot, not a crippling deal.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2012, 09:53 PM   #6
Rookie

ozzy57's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Every team carries a FB/h-back (te type that is used in FB situations. It's one roster spot, not a crippling deal.

While this is "Technically" correct I do believe TE Jacob Tamme was considered a FB on madden and not a TE a couple of years ago. Also every team carries a back that can block or a power back but amazingly the NFL doesn't list the player as a FB go look at NFL.com and look for players by position. You will notice that most FB's are listed under RB's and they don't have a list for FB's (though they do indicate a player is a FB) that's mainly because the NFL is becoming more of a passing league and some teams use one back sets more often. I'm not saying some teams don't use fullbacks I know alot still do but some use bigger RB's,TE's or even LB's especially in goalline situations. The real thing is why can't the roster requirement be 4 backs and then you can choose to have a FB or a powerback think Carolina who will more then likely use Mike Tolbert as a FB in situations even though he was a RB for San Diego. Also Mike Alstott was a "FB" but then Tampa made him the starting RB. I think FB and RB should account for the same in roster requirements but you can have them seperated in Free Agency, Drafts, Depth Chart and Pro Bowl voting.

Last edited by ozzy57; 07-27-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy57
While this is "Technically" correct I do believe TE Jacob Tamme was considered a FB on madden and not a TE a couple of years ago. Also every team carries a back that can block or a power back but amazingly the NFL doesn't list the player as a FB go look at NFL.com and look for players by position. You will notice that most FB's are listed under RB's and they don't have a list for FB's (though they do indicate a player is a FB) that's mainly because the NFL is becoming more of a passing league and some teams use one back sets more often. I'm not saying some teams don't use fullbacks I know alot still do but some use bigger RB's,TE's or even LB's especially in goalline situations. The real thing is why can't the roster requirement be 4 backs and then you can choose to have a FB or a powerback think Carolina who will more then likely use Mike Tolbert as a FB in situations even though he was a RB for San Diego. Also Mike Alstott was a "FB" but then Tampa made him the starting RB. I think FB and RB should account for the same in roster requirements but you can have them seperated in Free Agency, Drafts, Depth Chart and Pro Bowl voting.
I know, they are listed as te's or h-backs but really every team has a fullback position... It just may not always be filed by a traditional fullback.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #8
Rookie

ozzy57's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
I know, they are listed as te's or h-backs but really every team has a fullback position... It just may not always be filed by a traditional fullback.

Which is why I think the minimum requirements should be altered with. Maybe even system related especially defensively because a 4-3 would need more DT's vs a 3-4 and a 3-4 would require more ILB's then a 4-3. I'm ok with the roster requirements just think it could use some tweaking

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »