Home

CCM Difficulty and settings

This is a discussion on CCM Difficulty and settings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2012, 01:01 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: CCM Difficulty and settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I thought this at first as well but then I changed my running sliders above the all madden threshold and when I played a game the AI QB was making some very dumb decisions, decision making usually seen on all-pro (holding on to the ball to long, not making reads, sailing passes out of bounds, etc)

True, it could have to do with the QB and his traits and DPP, but this was an extreme change which should not be expected (first game was against Matt Ryan and he played normal all-madden QB. Second game was against Stafford)
How many have you played this way and witnessed it? Kick meter slow or fast? See, I'm not saying I necessarily agree with Sydeburnz yet...he made a logical point and "the kick meter" supports it. But then, we have your gameplay experience. . .so, it is still a bit inconclusive. . . I've been back and forth changing "Level" and seeing whatever "Sliders" I had reflecting what they were the last time I changed them...so it isn't the "reset" issue at play in this case. Am just curious why we have those two (Level/Sliders). But it is looking as if the NCAA way of doing things has taken over.

Last edited by Bobalou2112; 08-26-2012 at 01:11 AM.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:34 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I noticed something else that raises questions.

From the main menu if you go into "My Madden" and adjust the difficulty aside from the regular rookie, pro, etc there is the "custom" option. However, if you go into CCM and change difficulty there is no "custom" option.
In previous Maddens if one sets the difficulty to all-madden and then makes a change in sliders the setting changes to custom. Yet if one sets difficulty to all-madden in CCM and then changes a slider under league setting the difficulty remains at all-madden.

Testing would have to be done to determine if this is merely an interface bug or not.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:31 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Could you clarify something for me?
If one were to change sliders for user skill where a subsection (e.g. passing game) totaled more than 75 I know the difficulty and A.I. intelligence would drop to all-pro, but what about the AI sliders? Is there a similar rule for them? Or can I change them without worrying that the opposing team will become brain dead?
The USER sliders determine the level you are playing on.. You can adjust the CPU sliders however you want to.. That would be like playing on default All-madden and putting all the CPU sliders on 0.. The gameplay would still be All-Madden..
Old 08-26-2012, 02:33 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobalou2112
Well, something is different. Sydeburnz and I have been in the slider discussion forum discussing that concern with the "Level" and the "Sliders". He is suggesting that the "Sliders" merely reflect a range within the "Level". That is to say, zeros across the board with "All Madden" Level is NOT the same as zeros across the board with "Rookie" level. It is as if we are no longer limited to 0-100, but 0-400. I was skeptical at first. . .but then, assuming that the kick meter remains a guide (fast = All Madden), I put all sliders (human and cpu) to 100 and the Level at All Madden--fast kick meter. I set all sliders to 0 and Level at Rookie--slow kick meter.

Now, I did not really investigate gameplay itself, but if this is true, it may mean that the range of values available is larger and much more varied when putting together slider sets.
I'll really be digging deep into this when I get the game but from the feedback I been getting from guys who are using my sliders you have to adjust the difficulty the same way you have been for years to get that All-Madden AI.. They were telling me that the CPU was playing like garbage until they adjusted it to the original default settings for All-Madden gameplay..
Old 08-26-2012, 06:44 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
This issue needs to be posted somewhere prominent. So if I start an online CCM with multiple Users on All Madden, it will actually be playing on All Pro unless the sliders are manually adjusted?

People really need to know about this.
I agree bro. This is starting to get kinda ridiculous. Basically, nothing you do in CCM mode saves. Difficulty, Sliders, Schemes, Settings...anything that has to do with a custom setting doesn't save from week to week. (Apparently this is only if you play the actual games and not sim.) It seems to be an easy patchable fix...seems being the key word.

If they fix this along with the duplicate jersey numbers issue (which again, all seem like easy fixes,) This CCM thing will be football heaven. Here's hoping the first patch addresses these issues!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2012, 09:06 AM   #22
OS Supporter - 12/14/14

DELUS1ONAL's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcool202020
I agree bro. This is starting to get kinda ridiculous. Basically, nothing you do in CCM mode saves. Difficulty, Sliders, Schemes, Settings...anything that has to do with a custom setting doesn't save from week to week. (Apparently this is only if you play the actual games and not sim.) It seems to be an easy patchable fix...seems being the key word.

If they fix this along with the duplicate jersey numbers issue (which again, all seem like easy fixes,) This CCM thing will be football heaven. Here's hoping the first patch addresses these issues!
It is a hassle to have to change basically all the settings back to what you want them to be week to week.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:32 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 0

U have to manual save nothing auto saves

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »