Home

I am deeply disappointed...

This is a discussion on I am deeply disappointed... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon13 I am deeply disappointed...

...in myself for being duped into buying Madden 13 by EA. I brought this with clear intent in believing that this game would be a Madden that would actually get me back into playing Madden again. The last time I played Madden was back in 2006 (Madden 07) when the "My Player" Hall of Fame Game Mode was deeply immersed with goals, interviews, focus on your actual player, demanding trades, etc. In Madden 13 there is none of that compared to the game mode at that time. They removed franchise mode which is a surprise to me because what sports game does that!? I don't only want to call plays or just play with my player. I also want to play in a dynasty mode with a team as the GM with total control & the ability to play both offense & defense. Also, Madden used have a create a team mode which was the best thing they ever had in a game. You can edit the uniforms, the stadium, where you played, the crowd, etc. There was even a mode alone to edit the crowd's face and such. The only good thing about Madden 13 I guess is the gameplay & the ability to put your face in the game. To me Madden 13 is not up to par to what it did before. Madden 13 is gameplay wise a 9. But the overall score I give this game is a 7.5. This is not a game I find to be re-playable over time matter of fact I'm already bored of the game. I thought this would suffice to eat up the time I have to wait for NBA 2K13 but to my disappointment it didn't. I'm sure there are those who will or is enjoying this game. And I say good for you all. However, EA is not what they used to be when it came to sports games and the Madden franchise is still not where it used to be minus the gameplay (which has promise). Excuse my rant but I just wanted to air my grievances about this game. I'm already ready to sell the game back as I feel I've been robbed as the game did not meet my expectations. I just have to say this game is not a 9 or higher. At best it's an 8.5 or lower. Again excuse my rant it's only my opinion.

NBA: Los Angeles Lakers & Brooklyn Nets
MLB: New York Yankees
NFL: New England Patriots
NHL: Vancouver Canucks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #2
Rookie

cbiscuit's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: I am deeply disappointed...

you know franchise is connected careers, right?
Old 08-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 22

Long story short..you give the game a 8.5 overall and you are ready to sell it...yeah that makes total sense..i dont know man..you're overall rant is like...all over the place and does not make sense.

PS there are impression's threads at the top of the forums..where this should of been posted.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

I like the game, but we do need another developer to make us a NFL game in order for it to be different.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #5
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManofSteel3kO
.They removed franchise mode which is a surprise to me because what sports game does that!? I don't only want to call plays or just play with my player. I also want to play in a dynasty mode with a team as the GM with total control & the ability to play both offense & defense.
Uhh what? Have you even played Madden 13?

Connected Careers is franchise mode, and there is no true coach mode as in only calling plays in connected careers. Being the coach in connected careers is essentially franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 08:27 PM   #6
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

OVR: 6

What is the deal with that? I had a friend who bought the game complaining about the same thing, that he could not control the game and could only coach in "coach" mode. I have no idea what he was doing wrong but it seems alot of people cant figure it out.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbiscuit
you know franchise is connected careers, right?
Loosely, but it's a bare bones franchise mode.

Can't even edit equipment and have to rely on EA to get timely, accurate rosters out.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #8
Rookie

JMUfootball's Arena

OVR: 0

While there IS a franchise mode, it's extremely disappointing in itself.

Can't sub formations so I'm stuck with my entire starting defense playing special teams.

No option to set league-wide quarter length, so your stats come out all wacky unless you play 15 min quarters yourself.

Numerous gameplay glitches.

What a waste, why did I ever expect anything better from EA.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »