Home

Are the mods EA fanboys or something.

This is a discussion on Are the mods EA fanboys or something. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Are the mods EA fanboys or something.

It seems like any thread started that bashes EA (and they derserve it) gets started, you mods delete or lock it. Whats up with that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 11:18 AM   #2
Banned

LastChanceAvalanche's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Are the mods EA fanboys or something.

I'm new here and from what I can tell, yes! hence all the stickies, so they can justify removing so many threads and posts
Old 08-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy-hitta
It seems like any thread started that bashes EA (and they derserve it) gets started, you mods delete or lock it. Whats up with that?

Around release time of a new madden is always chaotic on these and other forums. I have no doubt the mods would rather just let some stuff go but right now most things that aren't productive are being taken care of and it's a good thing.

I've seen forums get out of hand quickly when the moderation stuff isn't being strict. So no they aren't fanboys, they are just doing what they are supposed to be doing.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy-hitta
Both bashing and praising are subjective. Are your bashes unwarranted and unconstructive? For example: "MADDEN 13 SUXX dod no franchise gamebreaker YALL ZERO sales" is an unconstructive bash. That post and thread should be deleted. Ad hominim attacks, such as "MY grandmother could make a better game than MADDEN 13" are also pointless. If, however, you created a thread called "Ideas for Madden 14", it would be far more constructive, but then again, that thread already exists.

If you want to just bash on people, please go to IGN or the EA forums.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:22 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 1

No they are just realistic gamers that understand a new game just came out. They also have a website (successful) that they don't want to be full of the same "bashing" every 2 hours. This bashing can be moved to the impressions, bugs or glitches thread and save space for progressive and contructive conversation and threads.

This will be locked, there's nothing about Madden in the post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 11:28 AM   #6
Banned

LastChanceAvalanche's Arena

OVR: 0

it shouldn't be closed, this is a legitimate issue here on this board. There isn't a "Rules" sticky, yet I'm supposed to know the rules of what is or isn't allowed here. Some threads get closed and some don't, it's like Roger Goodell is running these boards!
Old 08-30-2012, 11:29 AM   #7
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

The mods are FAR from EA fanboys. Some people accuse them of being totally the opposite. They just try to keep some order in the forums and they normally do a good job.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:29 AM   #8
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm on the fence about this one. I think a good deal of threads get deleted because mods are human, and once one person gets under their skin their mood is affected and perhaps that is when we see in increase in removed threads (just a thought of course).

In a personal mod experience... In the QA (quality assurance thread) I floated the opinion that without competition EA isn't as likely to worry about release day bugs.

The simple mention of competition was taken by the mod as my trying to stir up a debate about exclusive licensing. Though my intent was to purely state my opinion that I think QA suffers without competition, the mod believed it was reason to warn me and delete my post. I don't quite understand the logic, but then again at this time of year I assume all posters are viewed guilty until proven innocent.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »