Home

*Potentially* doing Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

This is a discussion on *Potentially* doing Madden 13 Draft Class Guide within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-17-2012, 05:28 PM   #73
Rookie

ASkylitMike's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: *Potentially* doing Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by debauchlord
I've been here forever and I would totally use a guide. Not to find the best players, as I think I have found some of them, but to see which ones I miss for whatever reason. Whomever says that "you are ruining the fun" for using a guide is missing the subjective point that different people find different things entertaining.

Although I do agree that if you use it online, you are cheating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandetta
Couldn't agree more. I like to see what players actually make up the drafts, and so I love having a guide available. I like to see what EA has in mind when creating them, and seeing the storyline possibilities that I don't pursue.

However when I play I enjoy scouting. It is absolutely possible to enjoy the guide and still play the game how it is meant to be played.
EXACTLY the way I think. I don't play online at all, but I can see how it gives a huge advantage. I'm looking forward to the draft guide.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #74
Rookie

glenwillett's Arena

OVR: 2
*Insert Bart Scott "Can't Wait" gif here*

I only play offline and have been using these things for years. There's no reason to think that if it didn't get made here that there isn't another site renowned for their own version of this list that isn't going to put it out (that list is also currently in progress with the author giving updates and player ratings to classes he has as people ask him while he goes along).

At the end of the day it's a video game and people will always find a workaround to everything so its not really worth getting upset over here or thinking that a PM style distribution of the list would stem the flow of people using it online.

Pali Tripitaka
Old 09-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #75
Rookie

DJDReW3102's Arena

OVR: 7

I am a long time member and I play online franchise (online CCM) exclusively....

I don't see the harm in it, and from what I have been able to figure out is that the classes are a bit random and hard to nail down anyway.

People are gonna figure out some of the star players anyway who lab and read inside info so why not at least make it public knowledge...if you choose to go that route..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #76
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

So far we already have people posting partial draft lists in this thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-draft-28.html and figuring out that the classes run in a specific order. IE you will get the Parks draft class and then the same class before and after it each time, etc.

The non-story players also follow this pattern so recording the overall order and then the players (and how they can change in different ways) seems to be all there is to it. Granted this involves significant work.

I think sitting down for an entire weekend, this could be done so I sincerely thank the guys doing it for their time and efforts.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:54 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 0

This is definitely doable.

I am nearly 100% sure after going through a few hundred sim seasons that the non-storyline players are the same each time, and there are a few paths for each of the storyline players.

I'd be willing to help, no doubt about it.

In the end you treat the non-story guys like previous classes and then you could branch out the storyline guys with the 2-3-4 different directions they could go.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #78
Just started!

OVR: 0

Is there an E.T.A. for the guide?
Old 09-19-2012, 06:54 PM   #79
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't really understand this. For the people that want to see which players you missed, can't you just look at the other teams? Even so, let's be honest. That's not the reason most people want this guide. What's the point of doing the draft if you already know the players? I'm trying to see the positives here, but I can't. Someone honestly enlighten me.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 09-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #80
Pro

Patriots1996's Arena

OVR: 9

I don't give a **** what people do online- why? Because I get screwed as an offline gamer by EA anyway. If I want to cheat offline, why can't I? If people cheat online, thats on them. Not my problem. Please, please, please do this guide.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »