Home

Extensions?

This is a discussion on Extensions? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Extensions?

I've seen this pointed out in one or two threads, but my question wasn't answered.

Guys who have recently signed extensions in real life (Ray Rice, Matt Forte, Robert Mathis, etc) all want to negotiate during the first season (some even wanting LESS than their extension. It shows their extension in the team salaries screen, however. If I end negotiations, and don't tag them during the re-sign players portion of the off-season, will they still be under contract on my team?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 07:51 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Extensions?

I had the same issue with Rice in my online CC. At the end of the season he showed up as a player needing to be resigned even though he was also listed as having his new deal.

Since online autosaves I did not want to risk anything so I resigned him.

If no one else can answer this question tonight after the game I could start up a CC just to test this. Sim to end of season, don't resign Rice and see what happens
Old 09-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Anybody else notice this?
Old 09-05-2012, 10:42 PM   #4
Pro

Sdrawkcab321's Arena

OVR: 5

They stay on your team because there still under contract. They just want to add on a few more years kinda like Maurice jones drew is looking for this year
Old 09-05-2012, 10:45 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdrawkcab321
They stay on your team because there still under contract. They just want to add on a few more years kinda like Maurice jones drew is looking for this year
You're just guessing aren't you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 10:58 PM   #6
Pro

Sdrawkcab321's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're just guessing aren't you?
No I'm not guessing. If you have players under contract then they will stay on your team. They can extend during that contract with years left on it. Like say they just signed a 3 year deal. They can try and negotiate with you and will most likely only be looking for an extra year or two. However if u choose to end negotiations with them then they will most likely not resign with u once their deal is up
Old 09-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdrawkcab321
No I'm not guessing. If you have players under contract then they will stay on your team. They can extend during that contract with years left on it. Like say they just signed a 3 year deal. They can try and negotiate with you and will most likely only be looking for an extra year or two. However if u choose to end negotiations with them then they will most likely not resign with u once their deal is up
I think you are guessing based on what you see in the real NFL.
Ray Rice wanted a 5 year extension in my CC. And at the end of the year he was in the list of players who need to be resigned.

What team do you use?
Old 09-05-2012, 11:21 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I think you are guessing based on what you see in the real NFL.
Ray Rice wanted a 5 year extension in my CC. And at the end of the year he was in the list of players who need to be resigned.

What team do you use?
Dont know what the case with rice is, but if someone has a still 2 year on his contract hes still on youre team for 2 year. He might want more money and add another year tohis contract. If you decline he still has a 2 year contract so he cant go anywhere unless you cut him or trade him. Basicly what was going on with j drew he wanted more money and a new contract didnt get it and now hes back with the team. Although the chance is small he will resign when his contract is up he still have to serve out his current contract.
Long story. Hope it makes sence.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »