Home

How different is Madden 13 from Madden 11?

This is a discussion on How different is Madden 13 from Madden 11? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
How different is Madden 13 from Madden 11?

I have Madden 11, but I'm considering to get Madden 13.

How would you compare Madden 13 to Madden 11? What are the major improvements/changes?

Has EA made real significant progress.... or does it STILL fail to compare to NFL 2K5?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: How different is Madden 13 from Madden 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo2thewillyo

How would you compare Madden 13 to Madden 11? What are the major improvements/changes?

Has EA made real significant progress.... or does it STILL fail to compare to NFL 2K5?
well the passing game is different with different pass u can do with touch pass and lobs dont have worry about the super lber's..... defense is alot smarter in 13 u have know how to pass the ball and have lead your wr or else u will throw tons of picks. some ppl say it has made progress others said they go 2 steps forward 1 step back. i think the wr's play different in 13 then they have in previous yrs i've seen wr's do things in 13 that i havent in like diving for the ball and not having to take control of them and doing it.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo2thewillyo

That is a tough call. Your gonna hear a lot of different opinions. The game feels different, but yet the same.

If you can hold off until Madden 14, I bet you would be happier. depends on the patches. The infinity engine is to wonky right now. It has cool moments and just hard to bare moments. Graphics are amazing during cut scenes, but during the actual gameplay I think Madden 11 is really just about as good because of the much better standard camera view IMO. Presentation is better then Madden 11 if that is a huge concern. It's not great, but it's much better then it has been. Commentary is still repetitive and doesn't always fit. CCM lost a lot of features, and gained a few that aren't really a big deal to me.

Hope this helps.

Let me just say this. I have a Xbox 360, and 2 PS3's. One of my PS3's is up to a old 32" tube standard TV. I also my original xbox hooked to it. On standard def TV, I think NFL 2k5 is still a better game. When you go HD, NFL 2k5 shows its age. The lighting in 2k5 is still awesome though.

Last edited by wheelman990; 09-09-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

The on field gameplay with the new engine and stuff is better. It needs to work out some of the kinks, but its overall better. The presentation IMO is marginally better, but not enough to really warrant dropping $60 on.

The substance on the other hand.. It's just terrible.. CCM(Franchise/Superstar) is severely lacking. Bugs and glitches all over the place and they took every bit of user control out of the game. You can't even play games vs your buddies in CCM.

It all comes down to what's important to you. You like franchise? Stick with 11, or pick up 12 on the cheap. If you just like play now or online ranked games and can get over the wonkyness of the new gameplay until the iron it out, go for 13.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »