Home

Explanation of Unlockable TRAITS and Player Grades

This is a discussion on Explanation of Unlockable TRAITS and Player Grades within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-10-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Explanation of Unlockable TRAITS and Player Grades

Someone please I am looking for a guide or explanation of what the traits specifically do when u unlock them when you use XP on them...I am mainly wondering if any of them increase any attributes or ratings for them....

Also, I am looking for explanations of the NEW ratings: Physical, Intangible, etc...I have no idea how they effect a game or if they have an effect in user games??

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
Rookie

cuzzo's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Explanation of Unlockable TRAITS and Player Grades

Ok the traits you unlock with XP are kinda like special skills. It doesn't make your're players ratings better. But they do work during games.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #3
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

This is a HUGE help.

I wish they'd promoted this more:

http://vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resourc...eersManual.pdf
Old 09-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
This is a HUGE help.

that was a great find. perhaps should be stickied.

perhaps you can help explain some stuff.

"The benefits of applying XP on your own is that you can start to shape your players based on how you want them to fit into your system....

Of course, applying XP to every player on your roster can be time consuming. So maybe after you get through spending the XP of key players, you can back out and delegate the AI to apply every- one else’s XP."

this is where i'm not certain what to do.

at the end of my first season where i simmed regular season games and practices, my players only have small amounts of XP, the highest being around 3500 with many players having much less.

is this because i somehow set progression to automatic or every 4 weeks?

if i set progression to year end, will i have more XP per player and will i be able to do the specific upgrades i choose?

please be specific how i set progression to user (me) and make sure i get the most possible XP while simming the regular season (i play the playoffs).

thanks very much.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:22 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmetalbooze
that was a great find. perhaps should be stickied.

perhaps you can help explain some stuff.

"The benefits of applying XP on your own is that you can start to shape your players based on how you want them to fit into your system....

Of course, applying XP to every player on your roster can be time consuming. So maybe after you get through spending the XP of key players, you can back out and delegate the AI to apply every- one else’s XP."

this is where i'm not certain what to do.

at the end of my first season where i simmed regular season games and practices, my players only have small amounts of XP, the highest being around 3500 with many players having much less.

is this because i somehow set progression to automatic or every 4 weeks?

if i set progression to year end, will i have more XP per player and will i be able to do the specific upgrades i choose?

please be specific how i set progression to user (me) and make sure i get the most possible XP while simming the regular season (i play the playoffs).

thanks very much.
I believe that user manual is available in the game, by pressing triangle from the opening menu, or thru the pause menu in-game.

As far as the XP question, it sounds like you set your progression to automatic. I know when I was simming seasons to tinker around with stuff, Demarcus Ware was hitting between 50k and 70k per year. There were a couple other players in the 40-50k, and generally all starters were above 25k.

As long as you set the progression method to anything other than auto, you'll be fine. Even at every week or every four weeks, you could choose to just let it pile up until the end of the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
This is a HUGE help.

thanks for posting that!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »