Home

wheres the best place to stand to block field goals(offsides off)

This is a discussion on wheres the best place to stand to block field goals(offsides off) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2012, 01:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
wheres the best place to stand to block field goals(offsides off)

standing right infront of the placeholder doesnt work, i feel the controller vibrate but they just go thru the motion and kick the ball

you also cant move the kicker, in older games you could actually tackle either of them and it would stop the kick and the play, or the placeholder would try to run.

and its a pain to try to time a diving block cause once its snapped the CPU makes your player run in a random direction, then you got 1-2 seconds to get back in position to dive for the block

ive only gotten 2 blocks, and they were both by sheer luck
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2012, 02:13 AM   #2
Rookie

ASkylitMike's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: wheres the best place to stand to block field goals(offsides off)

I take my return man, Eddie Royal (I play with the Chargers), and set him up between the two DBs on the far right, doesn't matter whether the opposing team's kicker is right or left footed.
Depends if I get a good jump on the snap, and I try and run around and dive to get the block. Rarely works, but that's been my closest opportunity in the past few Maddens. I never play with offsides off, also.

Last edited by ASkylitMike; 09-12-2012 at 02:49 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »