Home

Question about "auto-filling roster".

This is a discussion on Question about "auto-filling roster". within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Question about "auto-filling roster".

I think thats what its called. I notice that after a season i go into the next pre-season with the roster I ended with and the drafted players. I kinda like having the 75 man roster for some "depth battles". If I have the CPU fill my rosters, will they? and will they use scrubs (a good thing) or sign the top FAs available (not good)?

I believe in Madden 12 you started every pre-season with a full 75 man roster. Could be wrong.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Question about "auto-filling roster".

First question, no, filling roster only fills to 53.

Second question, yes, Madden 12 had 75 every season but the generated UDFA's were a terrible idea. I was hoping they would have enough people in the draft for 75 ever year. They haven't.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #3
Rookie

jwin122's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah, would be cool if they created enough draft class prospects to do a supplemental draft like in real life. I hated how they randomly filled your rosters with F-potential players last year...

But CCM has alot of promise, and it is their first year with it, so here's hoping to something like this in the future

Old 09-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwin122
Yeah, would be cool if they created enough draft class prospects to do a supplemental draft like in real life. I hated how they randomly filled your rosters with F-potential players last year...

But CCM has alot of promise, and it is their first year with it, so here's hoping to something like this in the future
Like being able to import draft classes from NCAA!
Old 09-17-2012, 10:36 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Oh well..Guess I will spend my off-season signing a ton of FAs that I will end up cutting if I want to have "depth battles", assuming it lets me sign to 70 players or so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2012, 11:40 PM   #6
Pro

I prefer editing in ccm to import draft classes. Might as well, cause your going to need to edit the draft classes to get good results.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:28 AM   #7
Rookie

magnusjolnaes's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayb
Oh well..Guess I will spend my off-season signing a ton of FAs that I will end up cutting if I want to have "depth battles", assuming it lets me sign to 70 players or so.
Since the FA overalls is based on the scheme of your team, I do like this:

Every season, at the start of wk 1 of the preseason, I go through my roster. At certain positions I know I could do with position battles, and I then determine how many players I want of each position going into preseason.

From there it's actually pretty straight forward. I go through FA one position at a time always sorting the players by age.

That way, I can quickly pick out the undrafted rookies from the draft at each position, and I just sign away until I have my desired roster size of 75.

It works really well for me, as I have actually found a few gems with fast development and even one with superstar development. And it really only takes about 15 minutes tops to fill the roster with young blood

Actually I believe you can sign up to 90 players to your roster, but you have to be down at 75 before you play the first preseason game.

Hope this helps
Colorado Rockies
Colorado Avalanche
Old 09-18-2012, 02:12 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnusjolnaes
Since the FA overalls is based on the scheme of your team, I do like this:

Every season, at the start of wk 1 of the preseason, I go through my roster. At certain positions I know I could do with position battles, and I then determine how many players I want of each position going into preseason.

From there it's actually pretty straight forward. I go through FA one position at a time always sorting the players by age.

That way, I can quickly pick out the undrafted rookies from the draft at each position, and I just sign away until I have my desired roster size of 75.

It works really well for me, as I have actually found a few gems with fast development and even one with superstar development. And it really only takes about 15 minutes tops to fill the roster with young blood

Actually I believe you can sign up to 90 players to your roster, but you have to be down at 75 before you play the first preseason game.

Hope this helps
The biggest problem is that it inherently gives you an advantage over the AI.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »