Home

Is TE Lead Passing on Streaks Legit?

This is a discussion on Is TE Lead Passing on Streaks Legit? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2012, 12:31 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Is TE Lead Passing on Streaks Legit?

Im not gonna bother playing this game anymore, it seems these guys get a clear speed boost when using this "precision passing" on streaks and turns the plays into posts leaving the defender in the dust each and every time. Its nothing but people coming out in shotgun the whole time running 2 man under and usering the safety that can cover any route on the field at anytime.

Im not that bad of a player but i wont return to this game online (except my online leagues) until it is patched up correctly, too many dudes balling hard with this garbage and its annoying seeing it being done while the QB is running the opposite direction of where the WR is and make an accurate pass like that with the defenders just sitting there. Dude did this on both sides of the ball forcing you to play 11 man coverage so they can audible down to an HB delaw and get mad yards, very cheap strategy and form of gameplay. first 2 weeks were a blast, you seen who had skill, then these fools who couldnt cope with the game had to break to fit their needs of playing andhave once ruined online play all over again.

Sorry for the rant man, I love the game, but EA has to do something about these players doing this crap, its not even remotely fun at all and its driving hardcore players like myself from even bothering with it at all.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 12

I play on all-madden in CCM as the Panthers and I abuse the AI defense with Greg Olsen with lead passing on a streak... just put it up in the air and he goes and gets it while the defender watches.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:22 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMan72
I play on all-madden in CCM as the Panthers and I abuse the AI defense with Greg Olsen with lead passing on a streak... just put it up in the air and he goes and gets it while the defender watches.
Yep, and this is exactly how it is online
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

This is pretty effective. You can lead him to either side and it is basically like he is running a post route to either side.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Another thing they could do which would actually give you access to more things is to ditch the individual hot routes altogether and have presets as hots. So rather than sending TE's on a streak, I can hot to a preset, like the Texas concept; Levels; Drive ect; and these can be playbook specific where some playbooks emphasize more vertical concepts and others more short and yet others more immediate game. This way you could work out the logistics of a sugar and no huddle component into the game as well. And concepts not a part of the playbook are actually a part of it as a hot.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:45 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I play offline so I don't see the craziness that's possible in online play, but I think those passes are legit. It's a route and it has its risks and rewards. Vernon Davis (I use SF) isn't great at catching in traffic. If I throw that in a cover two and the S gets there, he's likely to drop it. If I throw it in a cover three I have a better chance, but a good S with instincts and range can also find his way to the seam depending on how long the route takes to develop, potentially jarring the ball loose.

To do that consistently, you have to have a fast TE who can get downfield before the DBs can account for the route and adjust, and a guy who can hang onto the ball when he gets hit. Not every team has that guy.

Online may be a totally different beast though.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:58 AM   #15
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP
I play offline so I don't see the craziness that's possible in online play, but I think those passes are legit. It's a route and it has its risks and rewards. Vernon Davis (I use SF) isn't great at catching in traffic. If I throw that in a cover two and the S gets there, he's likely to drop it. If I throw it in a cover three I have a better chance, but a good S with instincts and range can also find his way to the seam depending on how long the route takes to develop, potentially jarring the ball loose.

To do that consistently, you have to have a fast TE who can get downfield before the DBs can account for the route and adjust, and a guy who can hang onto the ball when he gets hit. Not every team has that guy.

Then many may want to review this video...

http://maddendaily.com/madden-13-tip...t-end-streaks/

I would suggest anyone in Online Leagues have their staff review this info to at least make users aware.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP

I can come to your house, or shred the CPU with this tactic, you dont see because you dont do it how its BEING DONE!!!

I cant stand replies from people who do not even research what the heck is going on and make posts like yours. Just like I say about the devs, they dont see this stuff during testing because nobody there plays the way most online players play. Same for your situation, you dont play this way so you cannot speak on it with the fact you're an offline guy and have not been victim of it at all.

SO TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO FEELS LIKE HE DOES.....

The Known FREESTYLE COMMUNITY IS HAVING ISSUES WITH THIS!!!!

That speaks volumes!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »