Home

Madden 13 "Screen Pass"

This is a discussion on Madden 13 "Screen Pass" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
Madden 13 "Screen Pass"

Just wondering how many of you guys think it' to easy to gain a big chunk of yards on screen plays. I play on All Madden with cpu pass reaction at 100 and Ints around 60 or so, but what I've noticed is that screens always work or at least 90% of the time. The Cpu never really adjusts to it. For a test I ran it around 12 straight times and went up and down the field for a td both times. Is there a way to make the cpu react better or make an adjustment?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden 13 "Screen Pass"

Turn reaction time to 0. You got it backwards.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:36 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

I've kept pass reaction on 50 for both Human and CPU, and some screen passes go for short gains, 2 to 3 yds, some go for short losses, and some go for better gains, around 10 yds or so.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #4
CSL
Pro

OVR: 8

yeah, haven't seen a problem at all, some work out really well, others not so much, others disastrously
Old 09-20-2012, 10:19 PM   #5
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
Turn reaction time to 0. You got it backwards.
How is it backwards, the setting lowers to 25 on the all madden setting, wouldn't that make it more difficult.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2012, 10:29 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
How is it backwards, the setting lowers to 25 on the all madden setting, wouldn't that make it more difficult.
Huh? lowering the cpu to 25 means their defense reacts faster to you and that makes it harder
Old 09-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't think it is reversed (the pass reaction slider that is) but I do think it is a bit...wonky. I think the further out from the middle you go, the more odd the slider works. Try it at 50 and see if that helps.

Secondly, are you doing this in CC? Online or offline? The AI is brain dead in CC. It is slightly better online though.

Does it work against every team equally as well? I think that just like in real life what stops a screen is how quickly the defenders recognize it. So if a DL or LB have high prc they may immediately cover the HB even before he gets into the play. I've seen some DEs abandon rushing the passer and instead stay with the HB.

Edit: I forgot the most obvious. It could be a bug associated with that specific screen pass. This is assuming of course that your 12 straight plays test was with the same screen. If it is different screen plays and they all work like that, it would be something else. But if one screen play is automatic its probably a bug.

Last edited by ggsimmonds; 09-20-2012 at 10:54 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebizarrojerry
Huh? lowering the cpu to 25 means their defense reacts faster to you and that makes it harder
Not true. Higher values for the cpu = better cpu
Unless any sliders are accidentally reversed, its always been like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »