Home

Is buying the Development trait worth it?

This is a discussion on Is buying the Development trait worth it? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2012, 03:42 AM   #1
MVP

AussieChiefsFan's Arena

OVR: 31
Is buying the Development trait worth it?

Is buying the Development trait for 50,000 XP worth it? I'm saving up for it and before I buy it Id like to know if its actually worth it.

EDIT: Sorry that I didnt specify. Im playing as a single Player. QB.
Thanks

Last edited by AussieChiefsFan; 11-06-2012 at 04:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2012, 05:17 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Is buying the Development trait worth it?

no not really unless u playing on for at least 10 seasons even than i wouldn't.

players might not want to stay if scheme don't fit or if u low ball them to much etc. so why not put those points into something that can help u win games now instead of later.

with 50000 points u can put the consistency level all the way up to level 4 than spend the rest wherever.

get your player to a good spot where u feel u can just let their points stack up than maybe u can buy it so where later down the road they will still progress no matter the age.

Losing out on a year of progress just to increase the developmental rating on how fast they progress can hurt ur team.

Plus it won't even matter if your coach don't have the xp package for that position which increases xp given also. If you have it you might be able to get those points back quicker depending on their production.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:45 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
I just purchased it for Dez Bryant. I think it can be beneficial for a young player that's already @ a high OVR & if you can feed that player the ball to reach their goals.

From normal > quick, with the additional position XP boost, he is almost now @ superstar development (I think), only 24 & already 85-90 OVR.

His attributes that are important to me were already very high, so I saved the first season.

Last edited by Ian Iachimoe; 11-05-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:05 PM   #4
Rookie

I'm playing as a quarterback, and I bought the development trait twice (normal to superstar). Since then, I've upgraded a number of stats in a fairly short time. I've been working on short accuracy, and I can upgrade about every two weeks, depending on my performance. It was worth it to me, even if it took me until my seventh season to get it.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:50 AM   #5
MVP

AussieChiefsFan's Arena

OVR: 31

Sorry that I didnt specify. Im playing as a single Player. QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2012, 11:41 AM   #6
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

I feel it is worth it for any player that will gain near max points consistently. For those players you get your investment back much faster than 10 seasons. I also never bother with players over 24 years old. Plus, for whatever reason I like my great players to be labelled "superstar" :P
Old 11-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Energy
get your player to a good spot where u feel u can just let their points stack up than maybe u can buy it so where later down the road they will still progress no matter the age.
I agree with this^. I only purchased it for Bryant (normal > quick) b/c he was already very high in the atts I care about for his position & still young. Also b/c I'm sure he will hit his weekly goals.

Sigil had a great thread regarding the 'developmental trait & how it works'. Must read IMO if deciding on the trait.

Last edited by Ian Iachimoe; 11-06-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #8
Rookie

If you're doing well with him then you can afford it but it doesn't matter for much players if you have a rookie that is a quick development he will become a monster. Just never draft a slow development!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »