Home

Madden 12 Superstar mode. (NCAA RTG import)

This is a discussion on Madden 12 Superstar mode. (NCAA RTG import) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2011, 12:05 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden 12 Superstar mode. (NCAA RTG import)

So I imported my RTG player from NCAA 12 from Washington to Madden 12 and ended up with the Atlanta Falcons. First off, I would like to ackknowledge that the in field gameplay is amazing. It really reminds me of my days playin highschool ball. However I have some complaints/questions to the Madden 12 superstar mode. (RTG import)

1.) When you iomport a RTG player from NCAA 12 into Madden 12 you do not get to experience the draft. I know you can if you "create a rookie" so why not an NCAA 12 import? The draft is one the the most funnest things in the NFL.

2.) My players name is "Smith". Yet the announcer refers to me by my number. I'm pretty sure "Smith" is a common name. In the previous NCAA and Madden games it has ALWAYS announced my very common name, but I ponder why not this year? Especially when it announces other "Smith's" in the game.

3.) I can't change my number. Not a big deal really. But I'm pretty sure in every other Madden year you can. I can live with this but why not? I don't like my number.

4.) You can't change your face. This is the least of my worries. But Madden 12 shows realistic faces in the superstar main menu (Which is fun) and I would like to change my players face. Again, I can live withput this but this is the first year I think where you can't do that.

5.) I think it's really neat that EA decided to have the coach speak to you through a headset while your superstar is on the field. This is a cool feature however, After a season or two you can finish his sentence before he does. Not to mention, he will say dumb and obvious things. But of course. What coach doesnt? So it thought, no big deal. I will just shut it off or turn his voice off. But you can't. I know that you can turn down the volume, but doing that you also turn down, the crowd, the annoucner, the in game volume, tackles, etc. I dont want to turn that down or off, Just my coaches annoying voice.

6.) What happened to the off field competion and experience? NCAA 12 has it. Now I appretiate that EA wanted your superstar to focus on the next game. After all, thats what we asked for as fan's right? But I'm talking about interviews, ESPN news headlines/articles, awards, leaders, history, predictions, competions watchs ect. NCAA 12 managed to make the game focus on your next game along with off field experience. In madden 12, it is practice, then game. After a super bowl or two that will get very repetive and annoying. I'm glad I don't have to deal with "BS" off the field but there is nothing to look forward to in the Superstar main menu. No competion.

---I have been playing the NCAA and Madden football games since the ol' PS2 days. So I know what I'm taling about. I love EA sports though. If I made a mistake or missed an obvious fix just let me know.

---The things I am complaining about are things that EA has included in the previous years of NCAA and Madden football. I know they focused on what the fans wanted and that's awsome. But why take out little things like draft, changing number, changing face, ect? Those little things are what matters after the in game experience. (Like I said before in this post, the in game experience is awsome, along with the new tackling system.

--- I'm really dissapointed in EA sports. NCAA 12 RTG was awsome. But when it comes to Madden 12 I mean c'mon. Making the next year better does mean, roster update, good graphics, and camera angles. Which is all I see this year. I thought they would do better. Don't get me wrong. I love EA and the football series but this Madden year superstar mode is horrible. (Not including franchise)

Oh and one more thing. I would like to recognize that the music in Madden 12 is awsome.

THANKS!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 12 Superstar mode. (NCAA RTG import)

wow, rtg import is better on ps3 then xbox.
-no generated faces for the superstar
-hulking shoulder pads no matter what your position or physical attributes

I know what you mean by repetitive, it gets boring after the first few games. I try to put it on the hardest settings to help my QB progress more realistically.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »