Home

Madden 25 Gameplay Impressions Game Changers Radio 5/7(More in depth than TSP Radio)

This is a discussion on Madden 25 Gameplay Impressions Game Changers Radio 5/7(More in depth than TSP Radio) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden 25 Gameplay Impressions Game Changers Radio 5/7(More in depth than TSP Radio)

Shopmaster and MadScientist06 shared a lot of great information regarding Madden 25 gameplay on this show.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/easgcra...-radio/scrub/0

As I did in the TSP Radio thread, I'll try and hit the highlights, but there was a lot more talked about during this show.

0:00-16:00-Opening and brief discussion on trip to EA last week. Madden25/Ncaa14 Gameplay initial impressions with MadScientist06

17:00-53:00-Talking NCAA 14 Gameplay & Presentation with CDJ of Gaming Tailgate

55:00-1:00:00-Kobra's Corner

1:00:00-1:04:25 Shop talks stiff arms and trucking in M25. Didn't see hardly any of the WWE style flying back happening. Trailers are made to show off the specific features. Mentions the Force Impact slideshow presentation/trailer, said that kind of stuff doesn't happen even half of the time. Shop tried to do the hurdling like you see in the Run Free trailer and over 80% of the time the defender would knock him flying on his backside. Said it was really neat when you were able to clear someone though.

1:04:26-1:07:52 Madscientist says you can't run like you saw in that trailer on all-madden or all-pro. Trailer was most likely put on rookie difficulty. Players no longer feel the same, like they did in past Madden games. In the past there wasn't anything to distinguish different run styles. Big backs play big, fast backs play fast now. Everyone has their own special abilities and style. There are 35 moves now and you can string them together, but the fatigue system nicely balances everything out. Every juke, every cut you make will drain your energy level. Makes for a big change from 13 to 25.

1:07:53-1:14:47 Kobra talks about his past experiences playing Madden at E3 and about how this probably was a down year in the draft.

1:15:13-1:17:20 Shopmaster & MS06 talk about trailer again and how EA was emphasizing every possible move that you can do with Run Free. MS06 again mentions how neither him or Shop were able to run like that in their time spent with the game.

1:17:50-1:35:40-Madden 25 Gameplay Hands-On Impressions

SM talks about how M25 separates the great backs from the not so great backs. Says last year even after Donny Moore bumped up Alfred Morris' ratings he still used Helu because he was fast.
This year, he can take advantage of Morris' style because he can truck and do things Helu can't.

A player rated over 90 in a specific category will have an extra move with the precision modifier. Regular hurdle vs precision hurdle, regular truck vs precision truck, regular stiff arm vs precision stiff arm moves.

When playing with Morris, was able to juke, then truck the DB and run upfield but caught from behind because AM isn't very fast.

Every time he tried to do a spin move with A.M. he was unable to. Morris has a 68 spin move rating.

A lot of these moves can be done using only the analog sticks. Not arcadeish at all, opens a variety of moves for backs.

MS06 tried to run down the field pushing the sticks any which way and tried to do some crazy button mashing and HBs kept falling down.

Shop had a time where he was running with Helu and stumbled, a RS icon popped up and he was able to use the RS to pull himself back up.

Shop thought he saw when he stumbled, that the back reached out with his arms to try and gain more yardage when he flicked the RS up.

MS06 confirmed that he saw that too, and the devs mentioned to him that when someone is about to tackle you, you can hit that RS up and try to keep momentum to reach for extra yards.

SM and MS06 talk differences in precision passing and ball hawking. MS06 played with the Lions and noticed differences in passing accuracy with Stafford vs backup qb.

Ball hawking seemed to not result in as many interceptions as M13. More drops vs just grabbing everything. Nothing monumental in the passing game as far as leading WRs.

Running in between the tackles this year is a lot of fun due to contextual awareness.

Running through the middle, you'll see your back will put his hand out and guide himself through the hole, not run into his lineman.

MS06 said one of the most important things is that you're no longer on a "speed boat".

You can cut and plant, navigate your way through the holes now, instead of "s" swerving like in M13.

With physics, contextual awareness, stiff arms, hurdles, jukes, all put together. MS06 says it's a much different experience and what we wanted M13 gameplay to be.

Shop said one of his best runs, he ran off tackle, saw a backside hole opened up, he was able to juke, cut, read the hole then accelerate through the hole for 45 yards.

Contextual awareness is in hurdles too, Shop saw players hurdle and put their hands on players backs as they jumped over them.

Brief discussion on Defense

Possible
Spoiler

Shop really likes the acceleration/deceleration method as a defender too, having to wait for HB's to find their blocks, hit the hole, then as a LB accelerate and take them down.

1:35:41-1:55:00 Talking "Defiance" with JBHuskers of TheGamingTailgate

1:57:30-2:00:00 Shop talks about the upcoming CF reveal, can't wait to talk CF. Says you can expect a HUGE 6 page blog from EA and probably 1 article a day from Shop for 15 days straight on MyMaddenPad. On May 20th they will have a special CF release show, Josh Looman will be a guest on that night.

End of Show

Last edited by jpdavis82; 05-13-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #2
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
The drift is very monotone - is there any noticeable injectors of enthusiasm in their voices at any given time frames?

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #3
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Re: Madden 25 Gameplay Impressions Game Changers Radio 5/7(More in depth than TSP Rad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
The drift is very monotone - is there any noticeable injectors of enthusiasm in their voices at any given time frames?

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
Yeah around the Gameplay Impressions, they have to stay a little lowkey because they don't want to give too much away one way or the other. I remember last year Shop said the "june 4" announcement was a lot of hype and not a big deal lol. Some would agree with that, but the possibilities of IE are a big deal IMO. Basically they don't want to steer people one way or another, but want them to play the game for themselves. The impressions they gave got me pretty hyped about M25 nonetheless.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:51 PM   #4
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 25 Gameplay Impressions Game Changers Radio 5/7(More in depth than TSP Rad

Nice spoiler update of the defense; good to hear that the defense is reacting and pursuing better...Hope the zone defense is improved as I have read in a previous article...
Old 05-08-2013, 04:05 PM   #5
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

Cautiously optimistic cause this all sounds too good to be true.

I keep seeing the same phrases used over and over, year after year. If it is all correct though...god help my studies because I will neglect school and just play the game all day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #6
Rookie

aspengc8's Arena

OVR: 1

So the 'throw your receiver open' gimmick is back again? Hopefully they toned it down.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #7
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspengc8
So the 'throw your receiver open' gimmick is back again? Hopefully they toned it down.
Ok someone didn't read this article. There's not one mention of "throwing your receiver open" in the whole thing. Not to mention that throwing your WR open is far from a gimmick, most people just don't know how to use the passing game in Madden 13. I think the passing in Madden 13 is one of the best features of the game. It produces realistic passing percentages IMO. I play 12 min qtrs with 10 sec on play clock, complete 60% of my passes with Aaron Rodgers, 200-350 yds per game, throw about 10-12 ints per season on all-pro. I complete 30-50%, throw 150-250 yds per game, 15-25 INTS per season with lesser rated Qbs. That is how it should be.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 05-08-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #8
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0

Which Qbs actually throw 30-50%?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »