Home

Maybe with Madden 15 we will get the same Respect FIFA players get online

This is a discussion on Maybe with Madden 15 we will get the same Respect FIFA players get online within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2013, 08:55 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Maybe with Madden 15 we will get the same Respect FIFA players get online

And I say that because now there is no reason at all that we cant get 11 vs 11 games in online team play games especially with the power of the next gen systems and cloud processing etc.
Id love to play in a game even with a total of 12 or so players, doesnt have to be full on 22 humans although that would be pretty cool.
And no I dont buy into the argument that too many people would make the game a mess. If you can do it in a game like FIFA you can do it in a game like Madden. The players can still follow their designed assignments with the human taking over at any time just like when you play a game now one on one. And as long as you have the ability to have adequate controls for the positions there wouldn't be any issue.
I mean the OTP mode would absolutely explode. Imagine actual football teams- High School, College guys etc. getting together and playing virtual football like this. I see no reason why this couldnt be even better than NHLs online mode with all of its gear options and attribute points etc.
Honestly I think its more of a perception of the football gamer than it has anything to do with EA not being able to offer the option. Hockey has it, FIFA has it. Perhaps the thinking is that Madden gamers aren't smart enough to be able to make a play run with more than just a few people on each team.
It would be difficult and probably somewhat ugly at first, but once people got into it it could become as popular as MUT or any other successful mode EA has created.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2013, 09:02 AM   #2
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Maybe with Madden 15 we will get the same Respect FIFA players get online

I say make it 6-6 with the ability to control/switch to any cpu player in the field. Because nobody is going to want to play only the offensive and defensive line the whole game.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:03 AM   #3
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
The Madden devs have to prioritize all "wants" by the gaming community. So far the priority hasn't been on online play because we have had the same online atmosphere the last few years. I don't know the stats of FIFA in regards to online vs offline, but Maddens gaming community is still primarily offline.

If you were head of madden development, would you prioritize a feature that most of the madden community will not use? I think it would be an amazing feature to have up to 11 vs 11, but I would hope that they would continue to focus on something that applies to the majority.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 07-31-2013, 09:17 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
I say make it 6-6 with the ability to control/switch to any cpu player in the field. Because nobody is going to want to play only the offensive and defensive line the whole game.
See I go the other way..when I play Madden defense, I love using the DLine to get after the QB. And there are enough people like myself who played OLine and like it to be able to do it effectively. Provided the controls are usable.
This is where the implementaion tuns into issues IMO.
But with next gen tech its all possible.
No different than NHLs player position system of upgrading etc.
I agree, i woulnt Only want to play OLine EVERY game, but If I got into a lobby that needed it...happy to oblige. And im sure there are plenty of gamers out there who would pride themselves at being a stud lineman in otp games. The leagues would value it just the same way its important to an actual football team.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:53 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2
No way find people willing to play oline consistently

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2013, 08:28 PM   #6
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8
I think 5 vs 5 is the ideal number. On offense 1st guy would play QB, 2nd guy would play HB/FB, 3rd, 4th, and 5th guy would play an individual TE/WR.

On defense 1st guy would play d-line, 2nd guy would play LB, 3rd and 4th guy would play a corner, 5th guy would play safety.

Otherwise I just see it getting too crowded and boring since unlike traditional Football where everyone on the field has direct interaction with the ball/ball carrier, American Football has very specific positions that are simply put not exciting in a video game due to the fact that they never interact with either (case in point offensive-lineman). I doubt you would be able to consistently find 5 players who want to set blocks all game.

Also while a cool idea to have so many players in one game is awesome it's purely a dream until they learn to put in a system that stops with the disconnection glitchers.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #7
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Football requires way too much coordination to be effective with random online players. Hockey, Basketball and Soccer have pretty fluid assignments so players can freelance a little bit without destroying the whole setup. But if the guy who's playing left tackle has a "creative" style then the whole play collapses.

Sure, a bunch of guys who all played football together could probably coordinate themselves enough to be viable, but how many of those groups are there, really?
Old 08-04-2013, 01:30 AM   #8
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I call holder for the place kicker.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »