Home

Madden 25-skip or buy?

This is a discussion on Madden 25-skip or buy? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 25-skip or buy?

I have season pass and I have to say I like what I see so far. Connected careers is pretty good, not great, but improved from last year. I like the owner mode where you can now make the financial decisions and have the ability to relocate the team.
Online play is pretty good. It is still fairly easy to score but its not impossible to stop the opposing team. Running the ball is a bit too easy but the passing game can be difficult because one mistake usually results in an interception.
Overall, once you include what will be the best mode will be in Ultimate Team, I think it will be worth the buy.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #10
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
If you liked M13, it's a definite buy. If you passed on M13, check reviews and try the game out before buying. It's just Madden 13 Version 2.0.
Agreed. I loved M13, and the addition of Connected Franchise makes Madden 25 a must buy.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 08-25-2013, 08:50 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 12

If you want something to tide you over until the next gen version drops then I'd say its a definite buy...The Gamestop/Amazon deals gets you $50 on trade in anyway so IMO its a win.

I wasnt going to buy current gen but I'll probably get it now after playing the early release. There is good and bad but the good outweighs the bad IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2013, 08:53 PM   #12
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGkaos
If the defense gets fixed, buy, if not, skip.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure they aren't going to touch this madden. Maybe 1 small patch with only a little in it. They will focus on Next Gen Madden and Ultimate Team only from here on out. Actually, that was quite clearly ther focus all of Madden 25. BIG flaws will keep me away for the first time ever...
Defense is fixed by Sliders and a little house rules. Check out my sliders and I recommend playing "no switch" defense. You'll enjoy the game much better.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 08-25-2013, 08:56 PM   #13
Banned

The defense can always be better in Madden but they do give you a lot of tools to work with...Granted there is rarely enough time pre snap to make umteen adjustments but just like in real life you have to pay attention to your opponents tendencies and make the right defensive call. Can't blitz 24-7 or stay in zone...gotta mix it up...

And to be honest the defensive individual assignments are very good...i.e. shade in/out, disguise bump and run etc...rolling the zone coverage...Its all in there you just gotta spend time getting comfortable with the tools
Old 08-25-2013, 08:58 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
I recommend playing "no switch" defense. You'll enjoy the game much better.
Do you mean not clicking on and manually attempting to make plays?...If so...that has to be the craziest suggestion I've ever heard.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:01 PM   #15
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
If you want something to tide you over until the next gen version drops then I'd say its a definite buy...The Gamestop/Amazon deals gets you $50 on trade in anyway so IMO its a win.

I wasnt going to buy current gen but I'll probably get it now after playing the early release. There is good and bad but the good outweighs the bad IMO.
$50 trade? Where did you see that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #16
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
Do you mean not clicking on and manually attempting to make plays?...If so...that has to be the craziest suggestion I've ever heard.
You pick one defensive player and stick with them throughout the whole play. Switching defenders mid play renders the sliders useless because you're manipulating too many players and the AI loses it's focus and tries to make adjustments based on human moves. The less players in a play that have human interaction, the better.

This is for games against CPU, not human players.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »